Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
_603callum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:58 am   

Invalid floating point

Ok, I've had replies from Shauna and they have jelped me update my files but I still can't use the route search due to error message of invalid floating point!
I have tried your suggestions to my previous post but as it didn't work I'm hoping for something else to get it working.
Thanx Callum
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:05 pm   

Still having problems here, as well.

Debating whether to install 3.40 on my other machine...

On one hand, the tech in me wants to see if this problem occurs in a different environment. On the other hand, the alarmist in me doesn't want to blow up the only working copy of 3.33 I still have. Shocked
Beleg Nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:40 am   

I am also getting this same issue. I can download and update files. I have turned off terrain and all the other options. I have set all ties but I still get this error when attempting to find a route. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks.

-Beleg
dlboyd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:47 am   Floating point error

I get this error as well and I noticed the Holtburg to Cragstone (42.4N,34E) line goes off of the west side of the map
_603callum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:01 am   

Hey shauna, if you have a working copy.... keep it that way!! Laughing
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:00 pm   

Indeed.

<--- tempted to go searching that system in the hopes there's still a copy of the 3.33 installer on it. Shocked
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:11 pm   

Looks like there is some bad data record in the AC Spedia database causing this problem. I'll see if I can track it down, but this is a very low priority for me right now.
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:30 am   

For what it's worth, I uninstalled 3.40 and reinstalled 3.33. Not to put too fine a point on it, I preferred a working copy of ACX as opposed to a working copy of ACXServer.

ACExplorer 3.33 works perfectly on the exact same machine and with the exact same config/DAT files (I copied the things) that 3.40 refused to. Perhaps you'd be willing to post the old 3.33 download for those having difficulties, Zugg?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:42 am   

No, because the old version uses the eLicense system and we no longer use them, so nobody could ever get a new license. New licenses won't work with the old eLicense version.

Doesn't make much sense since the changes with 3.40 were so minor. But like I said, it's on my list.
QuickWeasel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:27 am   

Any news if that error could be fixed? I would really like to have the routing option back Sad
byteful
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:17 pm   

So far I have tried, Update Data Files, DL FULL Database, so niether one works....

REAL Sorry that it is a LOW priority level..... Crying or Very sad

I realize that the Tracking feature is never gonna be fixed, but sure would "smooth over" the Bummer feelings if, at least, the routing feature was working.....

Ahhh Well I have some faith in ya ZuGG. I know that you have not totally abandoned us yet.... :)
Zortek
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:09 pm   Loyal but pensive to purchice this now...

I never have hesitated to give you money in the past decade when I lost keys or wanted to experiment with the latest Zuggsoft innovation. However, as I was preparing to return to AC with ToD. I was about to pick up a new copy of AC Explorer. I'm glad that I thought to read the forums.

I'll hold off until I see some happiness that isn't based strictly on sugar coated words of pensive yearning that someday this product might again be a tool worthy of the Zuggsoft reputation of excellence...

With all of these problems, is it right to be representing the product as anything but deprocated? The marketing page and purchase links might lead one to believe that this was a production quality product.

The feature list doesn't say anything about "this is what it used to do" or "buyer beware, features listed here may not work for you."

Perhaps I missed the fine print.

Do you need me to buy you a copy of ToD? Seems a lot of people are willing to accept the "I don't play anymore" as a valid excuse for irresponsible package maintenance/marketing,. You don't have to play to maintain a product that you are clearly willing to sell and profit from.

This has come across a bit harsh. I'm not angry or on mission. I am simply disappointed.

Rich Wermske aka Zortek
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:43 pm   

I located the bad record in the ACSpedia database that is causing the Floating Point error. In your master_places.dat file, it is this line:

!5667,Umbral Hall to Uziz,Portal,75.8S,83.2E,0S,2004E,10/14/2004,30+ Destination: . North from Drop-- Astalon Decurth of Wintersebb 10/14/2004 exit coords needed

Notice the "2004E" coordinate. That is invalid data. If anyone knows anyone at ACSpedia that can fix this entry, that will cure the problem. As I've always said, I am not responsible for invalid data entered into ACSpedia. Back when more people played AC, the ACSpedia database was better monitored. At this point I don't think ACSpedia is moderated much anymore, so people need to be more careful about what data they enter into this database.

I'll release a new AC Explorer that adds an error check to the bounds of these coordinates so that it doesn't crash, although that will cause this portal to be ignored and not used in any route checking.

Zortek, as far as your comments, AC Explorer still works just fine as a mapping program and many people use it just for that. Just because the low-level tracking is harder to make work with the new AC patch doesn't mean that AC Explorer is less useful to a lot of people.

Also, I still honor the 30-day refund policy, so if anyone buys it and isn't happy with it, they can always get a refund. Most people still playing AC realize that support for AC Explorer is going to be minimal. It's not like there is some brand new player who is buying AC Explorer without having any clue about the issues it might have with such an old game as AC. But it's still in the product store because it still performs a useful task to many people. It's no more "deprocated" than AC itself is.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:28 pm   

Actually, I tracked down the problem even further. It isn't bad data in AC Spedia. It's the comment:

Wintersebb 10/14/2004 exit coords needed

There was never a good standard for exit portal coordinates in AC Spedia, so AC Explorer tries to parse exit corrections from the comment data. In this case, it sees the "2004 e" and thinks that's an East coordinate. This is a bug in the AC Explorer parser, so I'll try to get it fixed.

But I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if someone sends me an updated TERRAIN.DAT file to include with the new version (see other thread on the cell.dat file).
QuickWeasel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:30 am   

Someone fixed the invalid entry on the ACSpedia database, so if you make a full download the routing is working at the moment.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:50 pm   

Cool. I discovered another problem in AC Explorer where it wasn't parsing the exit information for portals correctly in some cases and have fixed that too. Also, I noticed that many entries in ACSpedia have stuff like:

Exit: 12.3N 45.6E (was 12.0N 47.0E)

and stuff like that. Since AC Explorer was taking the *last* coordinate in the description and using it as the updated exit, entries like these would be messed up (AC Explorer would use the was... information). The new version will ignore coordinates within parenthesis, unless the number is the first thing within the parenthesis.

So, ( 12.3N 46.6E ) will work, but ( was 12.3N 46.6E ) will be ignored.

Also, thanks to both QuickWeasel and Roogon for sending the updated Terrain file. I'll try to release the new version with all of these fixes tomorrow.
byteful
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:47 pm   

Zugg wrote:

Also, thanks to both QuickWeasel and Roogon for sending the updated Terrain file. I'll try to release the new version with all of these fixes tomorrow.

WooT, Now That is what I like to hear..... here I was all depressed about AcXplorer not being supported anymore, and what Happens??? ZUGG comes thru and brightens up my day... (again) WooT Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: