Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:03 pm   

Errors running ACExplorer Pro v3.40

Okay, after installing v3.40 of ACX Pro, I get the following error sometimes when I attempt to search for a route:

Quote:
Invalid floating point operation.

I've tried a number of various routes and I have yet to find any rhyme nor reason to when I get this and when I do not.

Reinstalling the program into a different folder does not fix the issue. I never had any issue with previous versions.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:15 pm   

It's probably because AC Explorer doesn't have any terrain data for the new island. So if you have Terrain Pathfinding enabled and do anything that causes it to search for a path on the new island, it will probably crash.

Either that or there is some bad data in the places.dat file. It is possible to get a corrupted entry in that file that causes the path finding to crash.

To determine if the problem is related to the new island terrain, just turn off the Terrain-sensitive option for the path finding.
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:34 pm   

No dice.

Disabled terrain use. Disabled all ties. Disabled use level. Renamed master_places.dat and re-downloaded from ACSpedia.

My test route was from Arwic to Candeth Keep, which should not involve the Haelatian Islands at all. Confused

BTW, thanks for the quick repl, Zugg. Smile
_603callum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:26 pm   invalid floating point too

Since I purchased the product, I have had the same problem except that I cannot download new dat files due to the following error message
Error getting database from http://www.acspedia...etc etc
Also, I have lost the beginning of the information on sites in the maps tab
Please Please help me to fix it.... right now it's less usefull than the old free version I was using! Sad
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:29 pm   

Delete all of the files in your AC Explorer Pro directory and then reinstall from scratch. That will give you the new INI file that has ACSPEDIA set up correctly.

If ACSpedia still doesn't work, then check your firewalls or network security so that AC Explorer is allowed to make a network connection to the ACSpedia server. Works fine here on a fresh install.
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:58 pm   

My clean installs of 3.40 don't update properly either.

Idea _603callum, if reinstalling doesn't work, try this:

1. In ACExplorer, go to Edit > Options.
  2. Select the "Databases" tab.
  3. On the left, you will see a list of the databases your copy of ACExplorer knows about. By default, you should see AC-Spedia and ACMaps...and AC-Spedia will be highlighted. If it is not highlighted, select AC-Spedia by clicking on it.
  4. On the left side of the screen you will see a number of lines that contain various pieces of information. We need to edit two of these lines.
  5. Find the line labeled "Get Full." Change it to
    Code:
    places.aspx
  6. Find the line labeled "Get recent." Change it to
    Code:
    places.aspx?date=%m/%d/%y
  7. Click "OK" and try to update again.

Question Zugg, any other suggestions for my invalid floating point operation?
_603callum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:12 pm   My point is still floating

Many thanx for the headsup Shauna.... at least I'm up to date heheheh
BUT still no joy on finding routes! The ones that do work are wrong
eg. Arwic to Mayoi should say abandoned mines straight to mayoi
instead I get sent all over the shop....... what's going on?
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:58 pm   

You may need to reset your ties.

Also make sure "use ties" is checked. :)
byteful
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:25 pm   WOOT

Shauna Eyebright wrote:
My clean installs of 3.40 don't update properly either.

Idea _603callum, if reinstalling doesn't work, try this:

1. In ACExplorer, go to Edit > Options.
  2. Select the "Databases" tab.
  3. On the left, you will see a list of the databases your copy of ACExplorer knows about. By default, you should see AC-Spedia and ACMaps...and AC-Spedia will be highlighted. If it is not highlighted, select AC-Spedia by clicking on it.
  4. On the left side of the screen you will see a number of lines that contain various pieces of information. We need to edit two of these lines.
  5. Find the line labeled "Get Full." Change it to
    Code:
    places.aspx
  6. Find the line labeled "Get recent." Change it to
    Code:
    places.aspx?date=%m/%d/%y
  7. Click "OK" and try to update again.

YES!!!!! This is why the devcal plugins, AND ACxPlorer work so well.... it is folks like Shauna Eyebright, and Zugg and others that do their respective programming, and research, that makes the rest of us VERY HAPPY

Thank You both for your great efforts!!!! Wink
Shauna Eyebright

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 pm   

For the record, I am not a coder (unless you count XML, HTML, and some monkeying with JavaScript). Somewhere back in college somebody tried to teach me FORTRAN and C, which was fun, but I've forgotten most of it mainly due to lack of use. By trade, I'm in network and technical support. Confused

If I know how to do something, I'll usually attempt to explain it as best I can (this is the tech in me). I can crack usage and configuration over breakfast, but application development is outside my expertise. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: