Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:56 pm   

Downloadable zApp Documentation

Is there any chance of having downloadable documentation for zApp. A lot of the times I'm doing leisure development (i.e. zApp etc) I'm not necessarily in front of computer (e.g. on plane, in transit).

This would be a boon to me developing.. and I'm sure to others.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:47 am   

The docview app supplied with zApp will download the docs for you so you can view them offline/locally. But there is as yet no printable documentation that I know of.

/me ponders a plugin to docview that will output a PDF.. ;)

Lady C.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:28 pm   

I tried DocView and at first it didn't work. I realize I was getting an 'sqllite.dll' error. After copying from my zMud directory I was able to view it. Maybe I had a bad install (but it was a very recent download less than a week) so I think it would be if Zugg checked to make sure it's included with the installer.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:51 pm   

zApp doesn't come with a sqllite.dll. Starting docview should probably check for it and complain explicitly. You can get it from http://www.sqlite.org.

Lady C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:09 pm   

Actually, the DocView *does* come with sqlite.dll. It is "bundled" with the application and should self-extract itself when you first run it. It seems that the bundle technology doesn't work on some systems, so post more details about your version of Windows and whether or not you ran using an Admin account or not. Still trying to track down why this fails on some systems.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:36 pm   

Oh odd.. mine hasnt in several cases. I have admin rights on both systems, both Windows XP Prof (or whatever the non-home version is called)

Which reminds me somewhat obliquely.. Theres no description of the "project" tag in the docs anywhere (is that the one that does it?)

Lady C.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: