Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Eyeless
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:12 am   

GSL stuff

I remember a long time ago, Zugg said something like GSL codes do not update until you or the mud sends information. Is this still the case, *prays not*

As anyone who knows what the codes do... Q and q are important... and the faster zmud realises that Q is no longer larger than q... (round time is complete) the faster you will execute scripts. up to date the only way to do this was alarms and the likes. But as we all know setting an alarm is great if you and the computer stay in 100% sync... If not, well you'll blow up or something.

My question I guess is this, is there a way to force zmud to evaluate the two quicker?

#TRIGGER "rtTrig" {Q} {} "" {gsl|case}
#COND {q} {
#IF (%eval( %gsl( Q)-%gsl( q)) > 0) {
#VAR rt %eval( %gsl( Q)-%gsl( q))
#VAR maxrt @rt
#T+ rtAlarm
#TS (@rt)
}
} {gsl|case}

#ALARM "rtAlarm" {-1} {
#ADD rt -1
#IF (@rt = 0) {#SAY ROUND TIME COMPLETE} {}
#IF (@rt < 0) {#T- rtAlarm} {}
}

Would be so much nicer if I could just do something like this:
#WHILE %eval( %gsl( Q)-%gsl( q) > 0) {} {#SAY ROUND TIME COMPLETE} /// and have it continually evaluate Q and q... maybe a way to have a way to turn on instant GSL evaluation? *begs the zMUD gods that be*

The {#SAY ROUND TIME COMPLETE} would execute when q was > Q

In theory this will work... but if at 1 second, you stop receiving commands from the mud and stop sending them the two will never be evaluated... and therefore now I am just talking in circles

Maybe I am just going about it the wrong way... Input and advice would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: