Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:30 pm   

Slow Walk help...

Here's the deal. I play a mud that doesn't allow scripting to the point where you will be active even while away from the computer. So, what I'm working on is a simple script that will pause the slow walk at the mobs so I can enter the commands manually This is entirely legal as I am entering the kill commands myself.

Now my problem is - it works for the first three rooms, then stops as I kill my first mob. Here's what I have so far:

Path1:
e;e;e;#PAUSE;stairs;s;s;#PAUSE;n;n (continues - much too long a path to display here)

Now, at the #PAUSEs, there is generally a mob there. So, at that point, I'll kill the mob. Since there usually is more than one mob there, I have this trigger:

Code:
#TRIGGER {You feel more experienced from the kill.} {consider monster}

This will check to see if there is another mob there, or if the room is empty. Here's the next part of the script:

Code:
#TRIGGER {No monster here!} {#STEP}

I've tried using both #OK and #STEP, but neither of them move me along the path. So, what is the fault in my triggers? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Charneus

To recap, here's what I have for the code:

Code:
#ALIAS exprun {#SLOW path1}
#TRIGGER {No monster here!} {#STEP}
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:43 pm   

I believe the problem is in having #PAUSE in the path. I am guessing you are using the mapper since your triggers don't provide any specific #OK method. You should move the pause into triggers that actually detect a mob. So long as those triggers occur before your prompt the mapper will pause (might require tweaking some configuration in the mapper, but I believe what I said is the default). If you still have problems after making those changes you should post a partial log of the script in action.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:45 pm   

Here is that partial log. The script doesn't even go into action. It runs those three rooms, and no matter if I kill the mob or echo No monster here!, it does nothing.

|
[X]-[ ]| the Haven docks
[ ] | [2: s, e]

980 hp|714 sp|875 mp >
|
[ ]-[X]-[ ]| Fishing pier of Haven
[ ] | [3: s, w, e]

A bamboo stick is here.
980 hp|714 sp|875 mp >
|
[ ]-[X]-[ ]| Fishing pier of Haven
| [2: w, e]

A bamboo stick is here.
980 hp|712 sp|875 mp >
|
[ ]-[X]-[ ]| Town of Haven
| [3: stairs, w, e]

Two local residents

980 hp|714 sp|875 mp >

I have it set to go off the prompt for the #OKs. I'm not using the mapper... sorry for not pointing that out earlier. Now the problem with basing it off of mobs is there's quite a few names (around 40) in this town alone. That is why I do the "consider monster" because it'll tell me if there is a mob there or not.

Now, I suppose I could do it like this:

Code:
#ALIAS exprun {#SLOW path1;#PAUSE;consider monster}
#TRIGGER {No monster here!} {#STEP;#PAUSE;consider monster}

But, I've tried that and it hasn't worked. Maybe there's a different way that I'm missing... or a more convienent way... again, any help and suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Charneus
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:29 pm   

Never mind... I actually figured out what the problem was. Thanks, though. :)

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: