Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Granic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:00 am   

Mapper wont work for both brief and normal mode

Okay i play this mud using brief mode, and i have configured my mapper to work on brief mode, so that it follows me on the map. I use Zmud 7.13b. However, the problem is that my map sometimes loses me, and i spam past the room i was in. So i use the 'look' button to get Zmud to search all the rooms on the mud and locate which one i'am in. But when i hit that 'look' button the room description comes up as well, which doesnt appear on brief mode. The Zmud screws up and because the room description has appeared, when normally only the room name and the exits does. So my Zmud fails to locate me on my map. I guess what i need is a configuration that will work with a room description, and without one.

Okay just to clarify, this is what it looks like when i type 'look' manually:

Main Street
The paved main street runs to the east and west, bordered by house walls in the north and the palace wall in the south. The street is never quiet, even in the middle of the night there is always a few people walking the street.
[ obvious exits: E W ]
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.

And this is what it looks like when im just walking through the room, in brief mode:

Main Street
[ obvious exits: E W ]
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A city lamplighter stands nearby, attending his duties.

i need a config that will work, and identify the rooms correctly with both. I'am pretty new to mudding in general and really have no idea how to use the mapper well. So please i need help, and keep the instructions simple.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:00 pm   

It is possible to tweak the configuration so that it will properly detect the roomname in both displays. The adjustments are: check the exitline contains key box, enter "obvious exit" into the key field, change exit paragraph to 0, change exit line to 0, change name paragraph to 1, and change name line to 0. It is better to map with the verbose mode so you have those descriptions stored. This helps narrow down possible matches greatly. For example without the descriptions you may be faced with the daunting task of chosing between 50 "Main Street"s in many different towns and cities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: