Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:40 am   

What der hell

I may be the slow kid in the playground but I really want to know what zApp is. I know its used to develop programs but I really don't know much beyond that.

Does it use Zmud-like code?
What makes it good?
Why would I want to use it?
What can I develop with it?

The kid with the helmet needs love too.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:17 pm   

May I point you here good sir:

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/index.php?page=3&mode=cat&cat=1
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:11 pm   

Or, go to the main page at http://www.zuggsoft.com/zapp and start exploring from there. There is some basic information there and links to more details, demo apps, tutorials, etc.

Right now zApp has nothing to do with zMUD. However, when the new MUD client written using zApp is released, then zApp will be the system used for writing plugins for the new MUD client.

Currently you can use zApp to develop any kind of program you want. Although currently there are not many graphical features for stuff like games, and you always have to keep in mind that as a *scripting* system, you wouldn't want to use it where high performance was crucial. zApp is better suited for desktop apps that require a robust and complex user interface, and apps where you want the user to be able to easily customize and change how the app works, or write plugins for your app.

Another good source of basic information on zApp is in the White Paper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: