Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:08 am   

Access violation in ...

I managed to get zApp to produce an access violation today..

Fairly simple:
The machine (well, VMWare VM) I am testing my code on, is quite slow to react, draw stuff etc. I have test code that produces multiple Core.MsgBoxes one after the other, when a button is clicked. Between after I've clicked OK on one MsgBox, and when it produces the next one, I have time to click the 'X' close button on the main window, which makes the following MsgBoxs produce Access violations..

Lady C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:31 pm   

Can you post some sample code for this?

My guess is that you are closing the window while the Microsoft Scripting engine is still in the middle of running your script. Because the scripting engine is locked, zApp isn't able to free it up. There isn't really any "abort" action for the scripting engine that I have been able to find that works, so I'm not sure if there is a workaround for this or not.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:36 am   

Yup, thats probably whats happening..

Something like:
Code:

<button name='fred' caption='testme'>
  <script language='PerlScript'>
    $core->MsgBox("Message 1");
    $core->MsgBox("Message 2");
    $core->MsgBox("Message 3");
  </script>
</button>

should do it.. The scripting language shouldnt make a difference. As I said, the responsetime of the GUI is very slow, I can watch it redraw the app after the 1st MsgBox is done, before it shows the second..

Lady C.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: