Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Alkatr0z

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:38 am   

Proxy Problems

Hi there, I'm fairly new to Zmud but not to muds in general, anyway on to the description of my problems :)

My problem is that I'm using a SOCKS5 proxy with a username & password but when I use Zmud to connect a mud it won't connect, it will connect to the SOCKS proxy but will not get any further than that.
To rule out the proxy itself I set up a FTP server on port 4242 then connected to it using a ftp client through the proxy, I also used another mud program to connect through the proxy to my mud of choice(to ensure that the ip wasn't blocked by the mud itself). Both of those worked so I'm left with the conclusion that it can only be Zmud itself, I have checked & rechecked the connection info for the Socks proxy including username & password and they are both correct.

Any information on this would be most helpful. I have also tried disabling my software firewall to ensure it wasn't blocking it in any way(despite my ensuring it was in the trusted applications section) as I have come across other programs that don't like my firewall.

Thank you in advance,

Alkatr0z
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: