Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dedawgg
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:51 pm   

Punctuation in Room Names

I have no problems with the automapper aside from rooms that end with punctuation. Basically, there are a lot of rooms that end in "?", "!", and "..." that the automapper refuses to create rooms for, and when I create them manually, and try to walk to them, it does not move my position to that room.

Example:

Which direction?

You are standing in a room with many exits. Looking to the west, you see a door with.....[more room desc]

<100/100hp 100/100ma 100/100mv 100gp 1000xp [Exits: NSEUD]

To make things stranger, if I use the Automapper Setup Wizard, and move into that room during the setup, it detects the room name and creates the room perfectly. If I then move to the next room, delete the one that was just created, and move back, it will not recreate it.

So, what can I do? I can't think of a good way to use the TAG command to get around this. I also couldn't find any posts dealing with this.
Rappy
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:46 am   

More than likely the cause is the word exits in the room description. I have this problem myself when mapping areas. I usually have to manually edit the description of the room and continue auto-mapping like normal. Once in Follow mode, it shouldn't cause a problem.

-Rappy
dedawgg
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:05 pm   

True, that sometimes cause issues, but in this case, that's not the prob. My automapper has no problems creating other rooms that have the word "exits" in the description, and other rooms that have punctuation in the room title but not the word "exits" or other directions aren't able to be created either.

If I could think of how to remove punctuation from the room name parsing, it'd be nice, but I'm at a loss.
dedawgg
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:07 pm   

Actually, I was wrong about something...if I create the room manually, add the room name, desc, and exits manually, set my walk mode to speedwalk, THEN it will let me walk to the room. Still, a pain to have to do each room that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: