Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:40 pm   

Canvas control ?

Is there a Canvas control, or is there going to be one? (For drawing shapes on.. )

Ladz C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:49 pm   

There will be some sort of drawing component. It's probably going to be some sort of Canvas-like control and related to Windows Metafiles (sort of like the Shapes in zMapper).

You can't directly access the Windows GDI because that can't be done in a scripting language (remember, this is "managed" code, so no pointers or direct memory allocation is possible).

This will likely be added when I add the rest of the graphical stuff with the Sprite system. It's something that you should see within the month, since I'll need all of this to do anything with a DirectX version of zMUD.
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:02 pm   

Nifty. I dont need any direct GDI access (eep), just the ability to draw standard shapes like line, circle, rectangle etc select/move them in groups and so on.

Lady C.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: