Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:43 pm   

zApp mentioned on Developer.net.au

The Australian development site Developer.Net.Au published our zApp press release in their General News section:

http://www.developer.net.au/news/general+news/zapp+application+development+system.asp
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:41 pm   

woot wtg
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
Fawl
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:46 pm   

Very Happy
Cool press release.

Twisted Evil

Wow, since being a journalist or a writer means not obeying any grammar rules at all, I think I am going to change my future plans from becoming an Airforce fighter pilot to a journalist.

I mean really, Who forgets to put commas after subordinating adverbs/adjectives?

Wink
If one of the following gods of this site did this, I am very sorrow for my insubordination; no-one else should notice these little defects because it flows somewhat nicely.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:57 pm   

Actually, tell me specifically what part is incorrect. They mostly just published what I sent, so I'm probably the guilty party.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:58 pm   

Cool! The word is finally starting to get out.
Fawl
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:00 pm   

The mistakes are minor at best.

But the first sentence should be fixed.

*cough*

Quote:

Zugg Software has released zApp, a development system that allows end uers to modify the application, through the use of popular scripting languages like Perl, Javascript, VBScript, Python, etc.

Okay the main problem with this is that after the word application it makes no sense to me.

Why you ask? Because the dependent clause is not over. Remove the comma after applications. From after Zapp to the end off the sentence is a dependent clause(s)(More than one) describing Zapp.

Right now you currently have a sentence like this is

Zugg Software has released zApp through the use of popular scripting languages like Perl, Javascript, VBScript, Python, etc.

Makes no sense to me what so ever.

To correct this remove the comma after application.

Quote:

When applications are created with zApp they can be completely customized by end-users with the User edition of zApp.

needs a comma after the first zApp
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:11 pm   

Heh, well, that turns out to be something they changed and messed up. Here is the first paragraph of the press release that I sent:
Quote:
(July, 2005) Zugg Software has released zApp, a full-featured application development system for the Windows operating system. zApp gives software developers the ability to create products that can be easily modified by end users. Through the use of popular scripting languages like Perl, Javascript, VBScript, Python, and any other scripting language compatible with the Windows Scripting Host, end-users can create "plug-ins" that add features to your product. Perhaps best of all, because zApp is fully optimized to support Windows, multiple scripting languages can be used within one application, offering the ultimate in program flexibility. With its standard XML syntax, creating a desktop application using zApp is as easy as creating a web page.

Looks like they tried to summarize it Confused

The second problem with the missing comma after zApp is my fault. Razz
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:49 pm   

How can you expect to create an easy to use, intuitive development environment if you can't put a comma in its proper place? Neutral

Razz j/k
Fawl
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:52 pm   

Looks like someone did a hack job instead of doing thier job.

Only possible outcome Arrow Twisted Evil REVENGE!! Twisted Evil

But then again i am just an inept 17 year old with very low grammar/spelling skills.

Mostly because im to lazy to correct my mistakes

So i just citicize others to show how smart i am

lazy but it works.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: