Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:04 am   

Class Enabler Trigger

Ok, this is a trigger I've worked on, on and off, for a long time... always drove me nuts I couldn't get it to work.

It's for a spellup script. The script has 3 core aliases (checkup, startspells, spellup). It works like this:

When a spell is practiced to mastery, the class for that spell is enabled. Then when one of the 3 aliases are run, using #if %class, it checks to see which spells it should cast. The enabler portion I've had to set to 1 trigger per spell, because I cannot get it to work in a single trigger. The attempts at a single trigger looked like:

Code:
#var lastspellm {%1} {Checks|Variables}
#if {%ismember( @lastspellm, @spellsenable)} {spellenable}

@spellsenable is the string variable with the list of spells to enable. A portal of the spellenable alias is:

Code:
#if {@lastspellm == absorb} {
  #T+ {Checks|Absorb}
  spellenablem
  }
#if {@lastspellm == accelerate} {
  #T+ {Checks|Accelerate}
  spellenablem
  }
#if {@lastspellm == adrenaline control} {
  #T+ {Checks|AdrenalineControl}
  spellenablem
  }

I have also tried this as imbedded if statements, such as:

Code:
]#if {@lastspellm == absorb} {
  #T+ {Checks|Absorb}
  spellenablem
  } {#if {@lastspellm == accelerate} {
  #T+ {Checks|Accelerate}
  spellenablem
  } {#if {@lastspellm == adrenaline control} {
  #T+ {Checks|AdrenalineControl}
  spellenablem
  }}}

The "spellenablem" alias is:

Code:
#var lastspellm {%proper( @lastspellm)} _nodef {Checks|Variables}
#say @lastspellm Class Activated!

When I run it with just 1 word spells, it works... but once I add in the multi-word spells, no matter how I do it, it activates EVERY class. Also, the spellenablem alias has never worked properly in any way shape or form :P What did I do wrong here?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:14 am   

Well, for starters, you should put quotes around all the spell names. That should get rid of your multi-word problem. Secondly, your #IF commands have {} around the condition. Proper syntax should be parentheses (somehow I doubt this would matter, but might as well do it right).

Personally, you could probably do this with a #CASE command:

#case %ismember(@lastspellm,@spellsenable) {#noop absorb;#T+ {Checks|Absorb}} {} {} {} ...
#SAY %concat(%proper(@lastspellm), "Class activated!")
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:52 pm   

Actually, they did have parenthesis around them.. in one of my last revisions, I attempted the switch to bracers :P I'll switch it back and try the quotation marks now... but regarding #case ... how exactly does this work? My understanding of #case was that it worked like "if value = 1" use first {} option, if value = 2 use second {} option, etc.. but there are no numerics incorporated in the trigger.. how would it know which option to use, rather than just either using the first, or all?

Aarlot
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:17 pm   

%ismember gives the position of the string in the stringlist (IE, if "blah" is the second item on the @random stringlist, %ismember("blah",@random) would give a "2") I think this is the feature that MattLofton is trying to use. Just arange your stringlist and cases to coincide.

So if spellsenable = "absorb|accelerate|adrenaline control" then it would be #case %ismember(@lastspellm,@spellsenable) {#noop absorb;#T+ {Checks|Absorb}} {#noop accelerate;#T+ {Checks|Accelerate}} {#noop adrenaline control;#T+ {Checks|Adrenaline Control}}

(Disclaimer: Not tested, just assuming that MattLofton has it right, which he usually does :) )
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: