Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dracunos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:56 pm   

weird zmud doables

No, I don't know any, but one that should exist and is very obvious is a # command that does the effect of a macro.. For example, I have a lot of different room names that trigger a macro to change often, and I want a button that always does the same as said macro, without adding a buttonmaking command on every single damn room.. Something like #macro F2, that will perform as though I pressed the f2 button on my keyboard.. It's not that much to ask :p

And, a harder one... I would like to bypass the settings that say you can NOT macro letter keys without holding ctrl/alt/shift.. G to perform a macro, without holding alt or ctrl or anything.. It'd be in it's own class, easily switchable, as in, every time I press f12 or something it'd switch from (combat mode) having letter keys bound back to (regular mode) having them unbound and ready for talking and typing normally.. As in, a way to bind simply pressing.. So it wouldn't really hinder me.. There must be a way.. Let me know, please
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:10 pm   

Look up the #KEY command. For the 0 key on the main keyboard (that's the key with the closing parenthesis), it's the only way to macro the key at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:29 am   

MattLofton wrote:
Look up the #KEY command. For the 0 key on the main keyboard (that's the key with the closing parenthesis), it's the only way to macro the key at the moment.

I tried binding 0 with the #key command, and it didn't work.. Even so, I want to bind any of the letter keys.. It pops up with the window 'Can't assign a macro to this key'
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:23 pm   

Go into the command-line preferences, and enable Macro on any Key. That should do the trick for you.

Like I said, the 0 key is buggy in that 0 gets converted to null. With a null macro, you cannot remove or edit it via the Settings Editor because it simply doesn't show up. The only way to get rid of it is to use the #KEY command to redefine the macro back to nothing (ie, #KEY 0 {}).

For further reference, the special-function keys like TAB, INS, SHIFT, etc (not all of which can be macro'd on, by the way) do not lose their functionality. INS is particularly annoying, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:27 pm   

MattLofton wrote:
Go into the command-line preferences, and enable Macro on any Key. That should do the trick for you.

Like I said, the 0 key is buggy in that 0 gets converted to null. With a null macro, you cannot remove or edit it via the Settings Editor because it simply doesn't show up. The only way to get rid of it is to use the #KEY command to redefine the macro back to nothing (ie, #KEY 0 {}).

For further reference, the special-function keys like TAB, INS, SHIFT, etc (not all of which can be macro'd on, by the way) do not lose their functionality. INS is particularly annoying, in my opinion.

Wow, thanks! That was very obvious, and you also, seemingly unvolintarily, answered my other question as well.. Simply pressing #key (keyname) with no arguments does an echo with it's contents that I could somehow twist into a button I'm sure.. Thank you very much
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:09 pm   

Or you could always make an alias that does what you want, then make the macro and the button both call the alias. Use aliases like subroutines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: