Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:25 pm   

zApp Pro - create encrypted ZXL files

Hi, Zugg,

I have installed the latest zApp Pro. However, I don't see the button or menu to encrypt from zml to ZXL. Sad

Please kindly help. Thanks. Surprised

Kawawong
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:33 pm   

You should see a button on the main toolbar called "Encrypt" and you should see options in the File menu called "Encrypt", "Embed", and "Link". Make sure the zapppro_crypt.zxl plugin file is in the same directory as the zapppro.zml file. If you just installed zAppPro into the same directory as your regular version of zApp, then it should work fine.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:46 am   

I am using Chinese XP. It seems it cannot load zappro_crypt.zxl (they are in the same directory as well as zApp ) and therefore I do not find "Encrypt", "Embed" and "Link".

Anything I can fix it? Thanks. Confused
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:54 pm   

Did you get the eLicense screen for zAppPro when you ran it the first time? Maybe it's not able to load the zapppro.dll file for some reason. I'm really at a loss since it works fine on all my systems here, including Win98.

Anyone else having trouble with this?
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 pm   

I think I'm getting it on mine. If I run start -> programs -> zapp and choose 'zapppro.zml' it starts the viewer thingy, so then I load 'life.zml' into it and I can't find those encrypt buttons etc. The only items in the file menu is 'Open' and 'Exit'.

My 'zapppro.zml' is 6514 bytes in size, dated 25/05/2005.
My 'zapppro.dll' is 1204224 bytes in size, dated 25/05/2005.
My 'zappro_crypt.zxl' is 2866 bytes in size, dated 25/05/2005.
Kinda weird, I also have a 'zapprox.dll' (71680 bytes) dated 17/09/2002 which was a bit before the time of this project?

My elicense control says:
zApp (End User) 2.0 (beta) Licensed 26 days left
zApp Pro 2.3 Licensed 26 days left

However I definately installed zApp end user 2.3 (over the top of the old copy). Maybe elicense doesn't update the version number until it expires?

Not sure... if you can think of any tests you want me to run I'll give it a go. I'm not really a zApper, but I'm happy to help out where I can :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:18 am   

OK, I was finally able to reproduce this. Seems to run in my development area just fine, but not from another directory for some wierd reason. I'll continue looking into this.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:28 am   

OK, I found the problem. It looks like the plugin isn't loaded if you run zApp without arguments and then select ZAPPPRO.ZML from the file selection box that is displayed.

But if you run it like this:

C:\zApp\zApp.exe zapppro.zml

then it seems to work fine. Or, if you double-click the zapppro.zml file it seems to work fine. So, can you please tell me which one of these methods was failing for you? If it was just failing when selecting it from the file open dialog, then I think I have it fixed for the next version.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:42 am   

Both methods don't work for me.

But then, I did install mine to c:\program files\zapp\

That got me thinking, so I did some more digging and changed my 'ZML' file association to have quotes around it... eg:
"C:\Program Files\zApp\zApp.exe" "%1"

When I do that, I get the encrypt button when double-clicking on the zml file. It still breaks when I select it from the 'open' dialog when you run zApp with no arguments.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:33 am   

Hi, Zugg,

I have purchased the license and therefore the elicense screen has not shown up again.

Btw, all methods mentioned do not work for me. On the other hand, I reinstall the zAppPro 2.0 beta, and it is ok and show the button Encrypt.

Therefore, I use the 2.3 version zapppro.zml and zapppro_crypt.zxl and 2.0 beta zapp.exe (20050204), it can show "Encrypt", "Embed", and "Link". Of course, there is an error of not supporting zEvent during startup.

Then, I restore to use 2.3 ver zapp.exe, and it fails to show "Encrypt", "Embed", and "Link" again.

Any idea? Confused
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:35 pm   

Try just using the ZAPPPRO.DLL file from the 2.0 beta and see if it works. I need to determine if the problem is in the ZAPP.EXE or if the problem is with the ZAPPPRO.DLL file.

Also, can you give the exact command line you are using to run it? It's clear that there are problems if your directory path has a space in it. So I need to see the exact run command that you are using to see if that's the problem.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:07 am   

Quote:
Also, can you give the exact command line you are using to run it?

Try this:

1. Make a batch zapppro.bat: C:\zApp\zApp.exe zapppro.zml

2. In Windows Explorer, directly double click zapppro.zml to run it.

Both are same result. Thanks for your help. Smile
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:38 am   

Both work fine for me here.

OK, run REGEDIT.EXE and in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section, scroll down to the "zmlfile" entry. In the zmlfile entry, open the "shell" and "open" and "command" folders and post the definition of the default key data for the command folder.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:40 am   

It is c:\zapp\zApp.exe "%1"

and I try "c:\zapp\zApp.exe" "%1" and the result is same. Thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:54 pm   

As I mentioned above, did you try using the zapppro.dll file from the 2.0 release to see if that works?
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:01 am   

No, it didn't work. (use 2.0b zapppro.dll and 2.3 zapp.exe, zapppro.zml and zappro_crypt.zxl).

But, it show Encrypt, ... if using 2.0b zapp.exe. Thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:17 am   

Try the following plugin file:
Code:
<script>
  msgbox "Plugin loaded"
</script>

Use NotePad and put the above code into a file called ZAPPPRO_TEST.ZML. Then run zAppPro using all of the methods that we have talked about (your batch file, clicking on the ZML file, etc). See if you get the message that the plugin is being loaded or not and let me know.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:03 am   

Hi, Zugg, Tested and no problem, the plugin loaded in all methods tried.

Btw, I think you can give me the complied version ZAPPPRO_TEST.zxl with your "Plugin Loaded" code for me to test. Surprised

Tks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:35 am   

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this yet. I've been dealing with stupid problems with zMUD.

I'll try to send you a compiled version of ZAPPPRO_TEXT.zxl within the next couple of days for you to try.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:18 pm   

Ok, thanks. Very Happy
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:36 pm   

I sent you the files, but I think I might have found a bug related to this. If your zapppro.zml file and your plugin files are not in the current working directory and same directory as zApp, then they don't work. Since your registry key shows zapp in the C:\zapp directory, make sure all of your zapppro files are also in that same directory.

Then go ahead and test the files that I sent (putting them in the same directory as zapp)
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:11 pm   

Zugg,

i. zapppro_test.zxl: not worked
ii. zapppro_test.zml: ok, it showed the "Plugin file installed."

tks. Surprised
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:49 pm   

OK, sounds like something is causing the decryption of zxl files to not work on your computer. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to test on a Chinese version of Windows. Can you think of anything wierd that is done in the Chinese Windows that might cause encryption/decryption not to work?

Are there any settings on your version of Windows you can play with that might effect this. It might be some sort of Unicode problem. Although I'm not sure how that could effect a decryption routine.
kawawong
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:35 am   

i think we are very closed to it. i tested again using the old zapp.exe (4/2/2005) and other are the latest version. it can decrypt the zxl file and i can encrypt zml to zxl as well. (but this zxl cannot be run in new zapp.exe and old zapp.exe does not support event rountine).

(sorry, i hv no idea of anything in chinese windows cause the problem.) Crying or Very sad

Btw, when i run the zapppro_test.zxl directly,
i. old zapp.exe - ok, show messagebox and a window with menu
ii. new zapp.exe - error, show "Access violation at address 006A47F8 in module 'zApp.exe'. Read of address 00000004.

Wish it helps. Thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:57 pm   

Wow that's wierd. I'm able to double-click on the zapppro_test.zxl file without a problem. I sure wish "Access violations" gave more information. The address they give is always some address in the Windows runtime or somewhere else in memory. I haven't ever been able to use access violation addresses to help find the actual problem in the code.

What I'll have to do is put together a "debug" version of zApp with some log messages and let you run it to narrow down this problem. I'll also look over the code in the decryption routines that changed since the 2.0 release and see if I can see anything that might be causing this. Sure is wierd though, since very few changes were made (as shown by the fact that v2.0 can still decrypt the new plugin file).
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:03 pm   

Just as a "guess" don't the international versions of Windows come by standard as "double-byte" therefore delphi might be using "WideString" by default... so if you are encrypting/decrypting with the use of a "String" type or a buffer of characters, perhaps it's turning them into a double-byte format?

If you open the .zxl file in a hex editor, is every second byte 0x00, or possibly 0xFF?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: