Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Articval
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:10 pm   

Mapper !! :D

Hi all

Does anyone know how to set zmud mapper "step delay" with commands?

This config setting can be found on:
map-config-configuration settings-speedwalking-step delay

It would be really helpfull for me 2 know how to, if possible.

Thanks for any help!
GaidinBDJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:20 pm   

I'm kinda of a mapping n00b, but couldn't you use a #wait or #alarm as the room entry command? Or in the room script? There's those #stop and #step and #ok commands, that's might be it.

And I'm gonna tack my question on here too.

Is there any way to get zMUD to just echo a path to a room? Like I wanna do "#something guild" and have it just echo (not send)
.3n2e3n2w
.(enter)

Any ideas here?
DeathDealer
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:55 pm   

Another Hijacked thread, but at least i can answer this one I think.
#ALIAS swshow {#var path %walk( %1);#show @path}

But to use it you need to use the # under Properties > Other > VNUM (Room number used on MUD)

If there's something to use room name, or something else i don't know it.
I don't even use this i just happen to have it :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:00 pm   

I believe the step delay is in milliseconds. It only applies to SLOW mode as both SAFE and FAST modes send all commands at once unless one of the rooms is flagged to "Pause During Speedwalk". If you need a more complex or variable delay you will have to work to tweak the onroomenter alias to contain a #PAUSE and then send the proper #STEP at another point.

A sample from my own personal scripts is included, but since it is totally taken out of context you should not use it for yourself beyond the point of being a guide.
Code:

#ALIAS onroomenter {
 #IF (%inwalk) {
  #IF (%roomcom) {
   #PAUSE
   #ALARM {+.501} {#CR}
  }
  #IF (@CurMV<30) {
   #PAUSE
   EngageRest sleep
  }
 }
 #IF (%roomnum()=0) {
  #IF (%inwalk) {#PAUSE}
  #IF (@Class="Channeler") {
   #IF (%ismember("study",@CharPend)=0) {
    #ADDITEM CharPend {study}
    study
   }
  }
 }
}

Sorry I can't include an example of other triggers preforming the #STEP, just a little too far out of context to be inteprettable.
Articval
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:21 pm   

[quote="Vijilante"]I believe the step delay is in milliseconds. It only applies to SLOW mode as both SAFE and FAST modes send all commands at once unless one of the rooms is flagged to "Pause During Speedwalk".

Thats my problem! On my mapper, it doesnt matter if i am on safe,fast or slow, this will be aplyed to ALL!! :(
I mean, if i write:
.6n
And i set step delay to 1000, it will send commands 1 per second, and doesnt matter if I use #stop, it will keep sending till it finishes the path... what i discoveres stops it, is:
#if 1=1 {#abort}
#{more comands}

Strange...

And thats why #pause and #step and #stop does neither work for me...
I have made another triggers since i updated, coz no one of thoose commands worked any more for me since ver 6.16, but now i need to use something similar...
Any ideas?? thank you!
luggage
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:40 pm   

Well, after trying it again, I remember that I had this problem too, so I just worked around it, and kept in Fast mode. The mapper would only change to slow or safe mode if I actually changed it in the map preferences speedwalking settings.

What I use instead is to set the room flag to pause in that room. This requires all the room to be mapped. To set this flag, right click on the room in your mapper and select the 'properties' of the room. Then click on the 'other' tab and CHECK the 'Pause when speedwalking' box. Now whenever you speedwalk into this room using slow,safe, or fast mode, you will always stop in the room. Then in your 'text' tab, select in the bottom half the 'room script' tab, and you would put a trigger in here (usually) to trigger on a condition to send a '#STEP' to keep on speedwalking.

Luggage
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: