Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:19 am   

Redrawing issues of zApp Documentation Program in 0.60

The split panel control in the zApp doc has some serious redraw issues:

(I'm assuming it's the split panel)

http://krule.net/splitpanel.png

(What you see is this page being reflected on the panel )
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:20 am   

Also

---------------------------
zApp Documentation Viewer
Access violation at address 00B6F36B in module 'zApp.exe'. Read of address 000002B4.
OK

When closing it.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:21 am   

After restarting the application, it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore (First launch I did an update all then minimized, could that have caused it?)
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:43 am   

I get no redraw issues for the splitter but I got the following errors in the docview.zml application:

I first clicked the "Update\Recent Updates" and a few posts were then loaded (the HTML was garbeled in the first item.) I then clicked the "Update\All articles" and received the following errors: "List index out of bounds (6), Line 1, Column 1", "Canvas does not allow drawing" Line 2, Column 7 (TekWSHProxy)", and I got one other here which I didn't get to write down.

I also received the following Access violation errors in the same application.
"Access Violation at address 009D8C39 in module zApp.exe. Write address of 00000024." (this was a dialog box.)
"Access violation at address 009D5320 in module 'zApp.exe'. Read of address 00000000" (in the default error handler box.)
"Exception EPrivilege in module zApp.exe at 005B990C. Privileged instruction."

I finally got a complete application crash with the Microsoft Dialog box when I tried to relaunch it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:22 am   

Looks like this is an issue when you start the doc viewer initially with no database, and then do something to create the database (either update all or update recent). Once you restart the program it doesn't seem to have these problems.

Looks like it's a bug in the DevExpress tree control when the Dataset is refreshed and it was initially opened with no data in it. I'll look into this a bit more to see if I can find a fix to it. But all of the crashes and paint issues seem to be in the DevExpress code, so it might be hard to fix.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:31 am   

Turned out this was a thread problem. For some reason, refreshing a dataset within a thread causes all sorts of problems in the DevExpress DBTree component. So, I've modified the dataset.refresh method in zApp so that it gets executed in the main thread. This seems to have fixed the problems.

The redraw issue didn't have anything to do with the splitter. Since the Tree component was messed up from the dataset refresh, it could no longer repaint itself when resized. So all of these problems were related to the non-threadsafe code in the Tree component.

Oh well, as good as it is, the DevExpress code was bound to have some problems I guess.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:52 am   

Ok, well wrong diagnosis by me, atleast it's fixed :)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: