Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:48 am   

Editor.zml cannot open certain files.

Here are some various error messages I got from opening editor.zml and trying to open some files in that dir (I wanted to see how the .xml would look)

http://krule.net/editorbug.png

This happens for any file I tried to open. There were other bugs in the file open dialog. If I tried to double click in the window without it being on a file (ie: white space) I got this:

---------------------------
zApp Demo: Text Editor
Access violation at address 00483324 in module 'zApp.exe'. Read of address 00000004.
OK

Sorry for all the bugs :(
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:12 am   

Okay, I get the first error as Krule gets when opening .xml files.

After creating a new document and saving it as a native memo file format I closed it and then clicked the "Open" toolbar button and recieved the following error "Object Memo" Required, Line 10, Column 9. I find this happens when you create a new document, close it and then click the open button. I will take a look at the actual VBScript to see if I can fix this last error.

In addition, the file dialog box seems to have some problems. When I click the "Desktop" icon to view the files on the desktop instead it brings me to the recent files directory. I could open a different topic on this but I found it when playing with the editor.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:19 am   

I need to document the XML function for the editor a bit more. The XML format for the editor is a lossless format that only works with files that are *saved* in XML format.

In other words, the memo can't just open *any* XML file. It can only open XML files that it created when you saved. It's a special format, similar to the RVF format that allows you to save all of the memo features and then restore them all again. For example, the HTML and RTF formats don't support all of the memo features, so if you save to RTF, then load the RTF, you can lose some formatting. The RVF and XML formats are the only ones you can save to and the load from and not lose anything.

Anyway, it wasn't intended that you open any XML file in the memo. Of course you can open a XML file as a normal text file, but opening it in XML format assumes that the file was saved by the memo.

I hope that makes it clearer. I'll take a look at the error messages that this is generating and see if I can improve them. I'll also take a look at the bug theNerd reported in not being able to open any file after using the New function. That sounds more like a real bug.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:18 pm   

OK, I have found the bugs mentioned by theNerd and have fixed them for the next release. Thanks for reporting them...there was more wrong with the Open/Save dialog than I realized.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:51 pm   

Did you get a chance to look at double clicking on white space in the file open dialog?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:04 am   

Thanks for reminding me...I missed that in the original post. I found the double-click problem and have it fixed now too.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:06 am   

3 cheers for zUgg (sorry :p)
Kiasyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:19 am   

*cheers.. 3 times.. woot*
Check out Talon, an easy IMC connection.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: