Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:20 pm   

Details on Predefined actions?

Is it possible to get some more details on some of the predefined actions? For instance the _DBConnect action, is it possible to pre-populate that window? Or to save the values (I know I can simply save the values of the DataSource that it affects, but what I want to do requires preloading and saving each of the values)

As a simple alternative one could easily just make their own activex control I imagine.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:56 pm   

The Predefined Actions page has a list of actions and what they do. Typically you don't have any direct control over the dialog boxes created by the action.

In some cases, you can use the Action.Dialog property. For example, for the FileOpen, FileSave, MemoOpen, MemoSave file events, you can access the chosen filename via the Action.Dialog.Filename property.

I'll try to add more detail on what properties you can access within the various actions, but probably won't get to this until after the public release.

As far as the DBConnect, it will pre-populate itself with the properties of the Connection object. For example, if you set the Connection.Driver property to "ado", then you should see the dialog box with ado already selected as the driver. In addition, once the user connects to the database, all of the properties in the connection dialog box are then available via the Connection object itself. So, I can't think of why you'd need direct access to the controls on this dialog box. Maybe if you tell me more about what you are trying to do I can help more.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:01 pm   

Oh I wasn't aware that it populates with the Connection object. That solves my problem.

what I wanted to do was save/load the connection details to an ini file.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: