Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
artor96

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:45 am   

eLicense Problem?

I installed some new hardware to my computer that kept crashing it, and that seems to have screwed up eLicense, as I got a Code 23 error the next time I tried running zMud. I checked the boards and upgraded to 7.05a from 7.05, but this failed to fix the problem. I then contacted eLicense. Since then, I've tried several full uninstalls and reinstalls, but without any success. Runservice.exe immediately takes over my computer, consuming 90-99% of my CPU resources (per WinXP's Task Manager), and without LicCtrl ever actually managing to get running. I've contacted eLicense three times now, since the problem first arose two weeks ago, but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone have any suggestions, aside from (1) wait to hear from eLicense or (2) reinstall Windows and start over?
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:51 am   

there are several things to try before reinstalling windows.

One is to wait to hear from E-License.
You could try to UN-license zmud by going to the Elicense folder in your control panel. then re-license.

drastic measures, you might want to erase the C-Dillia folder HIDDEN on your C drive. I think this is License's program and will stop it from working. Kind of like re licensing.

This is why I use a really good back up program to undo any new installs if something breaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: