Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Ralgha
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:59 pm   

Knowledge Base

How about organizing the Knowledge Base in some fashion? Right now it's just a mismash of articles with no apparent organization to it. It would be much easier to use if it were seperated into categories (zMUD related, zApp related, etc.) and sorted alphabetically in each category.

Thanks for your hard work.

This idea came about as I was searching for the MXP spec. I found it after much searching, and only because an ancient post on anther forum linked to it. How can this spec be accessed more easily?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:32 pm   

Quote:

This idea came about as I was searching for the MXP spec. I found it after much searching, and only because an ancient post on anther forum linked to it. How can this spec be accessed more easily?

Via the menu. Click on the Support|ZMud Support menu and it should load up the page with the helpfiles and various zmud articles. The MXP spec is one of the last ones on the page.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:20 am   

The "Knowledge Base" *is* already organized. I think you are probably refering to the zMUD Support page that has the old article list (like the MXP spec). Those articles are not yet integrated with the Knowledge base, but will be at some point.

The actual knowledge base is what you get to when you select "Documentation" from the Support menu at the top, or when you select Articles from the navigation on the left.

You are not supposed to go into the Knowledge base on the "Forums" page. Since the knowledge base articles use the forums for the actual article storage, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to get rid of the knowledge base in the forums list. And yes, if you just go into the forum then it would look like a mess.

But select the Support/Documentation link and I think you will see the organization that you are asking for.
Ralgha
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:44 am   

Ah ha! Thanks for straightening me out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: