Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:39 am   

Problem with Memo control Add method

The following zml file has two memo controls, with identical contents. The one at the top of the form looks correct (two lines). The one at the bottom of the form shows only one line, with two box characters between what should be the lines. I'll post a screenshot if it isn't reproducable.

WinXP, up to date on patches, zapp.exe mar 22, 9:17 AM.

Code:

<window name="main">
<memo name='test1' align='top'/>
<memo name='test2' align='bottom'/>
<script>
     test1.text = ""
     test1.text = "test1" &amp; chr(13) &amp; chr(10) &amp; "line2"   
     test2.text = ""
     test2.add "test1" &amp; chr(13) &amp; chr(10) &amp; "line2"   
</script>
</window>

Do I misunderstand what "Add" is supposed to do?

Edit:(looks like it adds its own line breaks, ie adding "a" then adding "b" then adding "c" results in three lines, but the same ugliness happens if CRLF is within any of the strings. Probably could use a note in the docs at least)

BTW, the real problem I'm trying to solve is to get the memo control to show the last part of the text I put in it (scrolling display). Is there a SelectionStart property you could expose?

-Tarn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:39 am   

I haven't delved too much into the guts of this rich edit control. The "Add" method is only one of many different methods that do various different things with newlines. There are lots of properties and methods still to be added for this control. I'm really trying to get the rest of zApp cleaned up so I can then focus on the Grid and Memo controls, which are the most complex. Hopefully it will be better fleshed out in the next week or so.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: