Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 pm   

zApp Issues

Zugg, When I try to run zApp I get this error:

Then when I tried to unistall it. I got this error:

I am running on:
RAM: 256M
Processor speed: 550

[/img]
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 pm   

I get the same error in my zml files and I don't know why sometimes. If the zml file is not perfect then it seems to bomb out that way. It would be nice to see a reason why the zml file failed.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:45 pm   

The issue I see with this is. I did have the older verison installed at one time.
The version 2.0 was a fresh install.

Also when I got around it by double clicking on the calc program it said I only had 3 trial days left, which I thought since this was a new version I would get a new 30 trial evaluation.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:51 pm   

I've purchased the End User Edition and Pro edition and I get the first error you show very easily. I am assuming it's because of an error in my zml code formatting but its hard to know exactly what in it is bad.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:52 pm   

Also, Zugg said the trial period should have been reset but there was a problem with the eLicense that didn't reset it. He said he was going to look into it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:51 pm   

The first error message that you gave is the general exception trap message that zApp displays if anything goes wrong reading your ZML file. This shouldn't happen with any of the demo apps if they are associated with the correct version of zApp. When you install a new version of zApp on your system, it gets "registered" for ZML files.

Yes, it's currently very hard to trap syntax errors in ZML files and handle them nicely. But better error checking is certainly planned before the public release.

The second error message is from the stupid WISE uninstaller, which I'm not even using anymore. Once you get the next version of zApp that uses the Nullsoft installer instead, then this problem should go away.

Also, keep in mind that just like with zMUD, new versions will often *not* reset the 30-day trial. Only major public releases will usually do this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: