Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Brad_aks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:19 pm   

Doors/path/trails..

Okay.. I am having a problem, and it may seem like a beginner question (cause it is), but I am trying to make the automapper work. It has been doing well for normal cardinal directions. I run into problems when it coems to doors, paths, trails.

My first question is INSTEAD of having it go to south door. How do I make it say GO DOOR? That is the command for walking in doors in the MUD I play.

Also, how do I make things like trails, paths, cliffs, gates? Thanks for asnwering such a "newbish" question!!
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:21 pm   

Well for the first question. One possible way to this that I know of is if, for example, you have a room with a door leading south and you are in the mapper. Right click the room and go to Properties. When the dialog pops up pick exits tab. On the left side left click the exit with the door in question and under "Other Com:" field type in "go door" and save. Now when your moving around in the mapper you can just hit the direction (south) and it will send "go door" to the mud. If you have more than one door in the same room you might have to modify this accordingly (like "go south door") or whatever.

Not sure if this is related to your trails, paths, cliffs, gates question but that might clear them both up...
Maelstrom
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:40 pm   

Oh yeah, the above is if the rooms already in the mapper. Otherwise theres a faster way. If you come to a room and theres some exits like:
n, s, e, trail, path

Then the best (and easiest) way to do this is the > shortcut key. For example if the exit "trail" is west then typing in the command line ">trail>w" will create it for you automajically...

Mr. Green
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:58 am   

(I moved this to the zMUD forum because this question is about the mapper in zMUD and not the zMapper program)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: