Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MarkHaldane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:49 pm   

Speed of the mapper when following...

I used zMud a while ago with a previous version, mapped out all my area's and it really helped with getting around the Mud. I would use it as a "guide" rather than letting it walk me somewhere automatically (by this I mean that I would type the directions whilst looking at the map)

This technique used to work fine and the map followed my movements (the blue dot moved rooms almost instantly when I pressed a direction key) but now that i've started a new Mud and got some area's mapped it doesn't seem to be working.

I've got the latest (7.05) version of zMud but when I try to walk around the Mud using my maps as a guide, it can't keep up. I hit a direction key, my Mud moves me to the new room, zMud map moves me to the new room, I hit another direction key, the Mud moves me but zMud map doesn't, I keep hitting direction keys - say 4 in a row - my Mud moves me all 4 rooms but on the zMud map im still sitting in the original room. If I then stop however, after about a second or two, zMud map catches up and suddenly moves me to the current room... what gives?
MarkHaldane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:52 pm   

Heh, nevermind I fixed it. I had an old "wait then step" trigger! Duh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: