Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MarkHaldane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:18 pm   

Map help needed, catching Room Name wrong...

I'm having trouble configuring my zMud (v 7.05) to map properly... I did "New configuration" and went through the automatic config, ticked the boxes for Room Name and Room Exits (it showed me what it was capturing as what and it was correct) and then that was that. So now I want to map as I move - BUT - it's not working right.

When I move to new room it creates it with the room name as the last line before the exits line. For example, in this room;

"Corner of Cliffside Road and Centre Street.
The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A tall post stands in the middle of
the intersection with the names of the two roads that meet here boldly carved
into its sides. To the south, Cliffside Road runs along the valley wall and
disappears around a large shale outcropping. Centre Street disappears into the
tunnel to the east and to the west continues on to Artisan Plaza and the
Imperium beyond. Massive boulders crowd the northern side of the road dwarfing
the citrus trees that dwell there. A rune resembling a horse has been sketched
into the ground here. A sewer grate looms darkly beneath your feet. A runic
totem is planted solidly in the ground.
You see exits leading east, south, and west.

It creates the Room Name as "totem is planted solidly in the ground." and it does this for every room, never once capturing the correct room name (even though it got it right in the auto-config thing!)

I've tried reconfiguring and new configuring several times now but its always the same. The auto-config highlights the correct Room Name and Room Exits and thus the firs tile is correct, but the next tile I move to is created with the Room Name as the last line before exits (as above).

I had a look through the configuration options but there was nothing I could see that was relevant, I guess it MUST be one of those settings though...

Any ideas?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 pm   

Sure, you have descriptions in your room. But you did not check them as part of the things to be found. So during the configuration it looks at everything captured and figures where everything is then since description is off does not preform that capture. However when actually mapping not having it capture the description causes the calculation of the paragraph breaks to be different. Hence the wrong line gets used for the room name. If you don't want to capture descriptions then turn them off when mapping. Most muds have a 'brief' command for this.

If yours doesn't then you will have to capture them. You can remove them while mapping quite easily through the onroomcreate special alias. This alias is automatically executed whenever a room is created. The small script below will do it for you.
#ALIAS onroomcreate {#NOOP %roomdesc(,"")}
Erasmus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:14 pm   

From the looks of it you are playing Achaea. I had the same problem, and my best guess is that even though the autoconfigure shows that it identified a room description when you actually try to map it thinks you are in brief mode on the mud and doesn't look for one. That's why picks up the line right before the exits line as the room description.

My best advice is to check the room description box in addition to the other 2 when doing an autoconfigure, and keep the mud in verbose mode.

Or, you can put the mud in brief mode and turn weather off and adjust somehow for rooms with items.

There are several scripts on mapping Achaea (or its relatives) in this forum you can search for, or maybe one of the gurus here will be kind enough to help with manual configuration or #TAG commands.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:16 pm   

Yeah what V said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: