Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
patryn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:35 am   

Confused... %roomnum %roomvnum

Um...

Ive read up on it and ive searched the forums for it and it all looks good... except for one thing.

From researching ive come to understand that %roomvnum should be used for map manipulation with the various functions available, and %roomnum is used for direct database filtering.

Now the thing is... ive had zmud for oh... three years or so. I've NEVER used %roomvnum for _ANYTHING_. Ive always made use of %roomnum.

The interesting thing is, i upgraded to 7.05a. That's fair enough, because i started re-coding all my scripts from scratch, so i figure if there was a difference with the way %roomnum and %roomvnum worked id notice it early on....

BUt the thing is, ive coded stuff using %roomnum in the past two weeks, and it worked great.. until about a couple of days ago. I checked out what the problem was and found that if i replaced %roomnum with %roomvnum everything works how its sposed to.

Now my question is. Is there a switch somewhere that i accidently flicked to cause %roomnum and %roomvnum to act differently?
Im willing to swear on my life that up until a couple of days ago %roomnum worked just like %roomvnum does now.

Example:

#noop %roomcol(%roomnum(),red) <--- This used to work 2 days ago
#noop %roomcol(%roomvnum(),red) <--- Now i have to use this

I realise this isnt a big deal... except that if i _did_ flick some switch somewhere, i dont want to do it again after i change all the %roomnum() to %roomvnum()

Greatful for any info regarding this, as im sure im slowly going insane trying to figure it out.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 am   

*sigh*

It figures that id find the %roommode function after posting.
Ok.. so now i know there is a switch, but im having trouble converting previously stored %roomnum values into the correct %mapvnum values.

(I've already updated my scripts to use %mapvnum instead of %roomnum)

Example:

Previously mapped %roomnum: 12093
Correct %mapvnum for this room is: 2671
#show %mapvnum(12093) returns: 13001
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:38 pm   

%mapvnum and %roomvnum are synonyms. They return either vNums or keys based on %roommode and when a numeric parameter is use they look at the current absolute position of the room in the %mapfilter query. Hence if your %mapfilter results in 100 qualifying rooms then %mapvnum will be valid with an parameter of 1 to 100.

%roomnum is not affected by the %mapfilter and always returns vNum irregardless of %roommode. The expected parameter is changed by %roommode, when set this expects keys instead of vNums
%roomkey is not affected by %mapfilter and always returns key irregardless of %roommode. The expected parameter is always vNum irregardless of %roommode.

I think I have to change the help on all of them.
patryn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:17 pm   

Ah, so what im after is:

%roomkey("previously_recorded_roomnum")

Thanks heaps Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: