Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:35 pm   

Games Games and more Games

Well I got an interesting email from a fellow Zmuder and he was interested in making a word game that he could host in his mud.
I naturally liked the Idea and desided that I would help. While I am still helping him to do it, I have come up with a few new games to make and would like to have feed back on them or if you out there mught have a suggestion on a game you might want to see.

Here is my upcoming list so far:

Chess (two player)
Checkers (two player)
Poker
BlackJack
backgamin
Solitare
Spades
Goldfish
Othello
Clue (copyrighted)
BattleShip (copyrighted)

Well let me know what you think and if you have any ideas.
Just remeber I am limited by what zmud can actually do.

It has two be 2-D
Not be at a constant state of motion (no arcade games)
and only two or more players (no AI)-some exeptions like Solitare.
misterbalrog
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:07 pm   

Make the game of Go with two players, playable over the mud.

Or how about Shogi?
Broksonic
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:21 am   

All sound like they could be fun.. but i would like to see something that a clan/group can do.. such as a quest style game or a trivia type game. Something that would entice fellow members of a clan/group to be online for fun and rewards/prizes.

Just my $.02 Smile
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:06 pm   

Quest games are usually Mud specific and would not be a general game with general rules that could be adapted for everyones use.

Trivia Games are ok, unless your making them mud specific again for the same reason.

A lot of the games I have suggested could be adapted to have prizes and rewards but be careful as you will see the games can be for good or for evil intent depending on who your playing.

Each game could easily be figured out and manipulated by someone else playing the game that is why when I create these games I will use the same rules Los Vagus uses, like using 3 decks at a time for blackjack to minimize card counting And random shuffle for that same reason.

Rummy and Gin and probably any card game that makes a request will be added.

As Chess and checkers are undoubtably the hardest to create, they are first on my list.
Which I have started.

Thanks for the Imput and hope to see more...
misterbalrog
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:34 pm   

If you think chess is gonna be hard .. heh.. you should read a bit on the rules for Go and you'll retract that statement :P

For comparison, we humans have been able to create a super computer that can be at par with the best in the world in chess, however we're still far to go when it comes to Go :P

Then again, if you only create the 2 player version one. You're in luck. Very few rules, easy to code. However far more complicated to use in strategy and tactics.

If yer gonna make a card game... how about texas hold-em?
Silencer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:39 pm   

The Dawn of Time codebase actually has a modification posted on the forums for roulette. Depending on your codebase the writer might be able to give you advice on converting it to whatever you use.
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:19 am   

Go is now on my list, having never heard of it I was amazed by the game and will enjoy making it.

As all my games they are two or more players as you are right I do not wish to make an semi-AI as it would be to hard and also defiets the purpose of online muding. thanks for the add

roulet is so simplicitly easy and can be done in several way, will put it on the list.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:05 am   

Gateway mud has go in the main tavern. The NPC go player is very annoying however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: