Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Phanku
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:51 pm   

#walk (aka goto) list populator

Well just recently I started using the automapper in zmud. I love it, I really love using the shortnames for rooms to speed path to them.

So now I have roughly 8000 rooms in my mapping system with 180+ zones and like 40 or so room names that i can #walk to(i aliased goto to #walk, hence goto guild). I relized that I couldn't remember all the short names one day so I tried, with some success, to build a glist alias. The alias should look through all the rooms in the mapping system and populate them to a list. The problem i have as far as i can tell, when i have been mapping I have been erasing rooms and have missing vnums with in my database. So when i run glist to populate the list it doesn't search all the rooms. I am at my wits end here, could one of you guys be a sweetheart and help me out with this script i have built, help me make it better and or explain to me what I did wrong?

#var dummy2 0
#if ("%1"="pop") {
#if (%null( %numrooms)=1) {#echo %ansi( hi, red) ~>~> %ansi( hi, cyan)MAPPING SYSTEM NOT ON, TURN ON AND TYPE COMMAND AGAIN %ansi( hi, red)~<~<} {
#var gotolist ""
#gauge pop "Populating List" {@dummy2} {%numrooms} {0} {} {hi,red} {} {}
#loop %numrooms {
#add dummy2 1
#if (%null( %roomid( %i))=0) {
#additem gotolist %roomid( %i)
#echo %ansi( hi, red) ~>~> %ansi( hi, cyan)added room %i as %roomid( %i)%ansi( hi, red) ~<~<
}
}
#unbutton pop
#gag
#echo %ansi( hi, red) ~>~> %ansi( hi, cyan)TOTAL ROOMS @DUMMY2%REPEAT( " ", 5)TOTAL GOTO KEYS ADDED %numitems( @gotolist) %ansi( hi, red)~<~<
}
} {
#if ("%1"="add") {#echo worked!!} {
#var dummy2 0
#cr
#if (%null( @gotolist)=1) {#echo %ansi( hi, red) ~>~> %ansi( hi, cyan)LIST HAS NOT BEEN POPULATED, TYPE glist pop TO POPULATE THE LIST %ansi( hi, red)~<~<} {
#var gotolist %sort( @gotolist)
#loop %numitems( @gotolist) {#if (%len( %item( @gotolist, %i))>@dummy2) {#var dummy2 %len( %item( @gotolist, %i))}}
#add dummy2 5
#pri {
#echo %ansi( hi, red) ~>~>%ansi( hi, cyan) GOTO LIST %ansi( hi, red)~<~<
#echo %ansi( hi, red) |%repeat( "-", %eval( @dummy2-1))|
#loop %numitems( @gotolist) {#echo %ansi( hi, red) |%ansi( hi, cyan) %item( @gotolist, %i)%repeat( " ", %eval( @dummy2 - (%len( %item( @gotolist, %i))+2)))%ansi( hi, red)|}
#echo %ansi( hi, red) |%repeat( "-", %eval( @dummy2-1))|
#echo %ansi( hi, red) ~>~> %ansi( hi, cyan)%numitems( @gotolist) KEYS OUT OF %numrooms ROOMS IN %numzones ZONES%ansi( hi, red)~<~<
}
}
}
}
#unvar dummy2
#gag

I never finished it as i started having troubles with it. The add command is suppose to be when i add a new roomid to a room i am in and be able to add it to the list with out going through the populating again.

Thanks guys
Phanku
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:05 am   

All you really need to do is add %mapvnum around your %i references when loopping to %numrooms. It is a mouthful, so here is one quick example:
#if (%null( %roomid( %i))=0) {
should be
#if (%null( %roomid( %mapvnum( %i)))=0) {
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: