Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Trin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:17 am   

Damage Counter

#TRIGGER {You * (%d) time[s, ]with (%x) (%w)!$} {#ADD @CharName %item( @DamVals, %ismember( "%1", @DamWords));#ADDITEM PlayerFighters @CharName;#COL 3}

okay what this trigger does is adds the damage done by myself to a variable that my char name is called, I have another alias that reports the damaeg and then removes the variable, but what I want it to do is count the numbre of hits,(%d) is the number of hits :p, but I want it to be in a variable close to @charname, is there anyway to put 2 vars into one variable with still using the #ADD function for both variablse?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:22 am   

The #ADD command only works with a basic numeric variable. In order to combine the 2 sets of data into a single variable you would have to use a list or record, and #ADD won't work with them. You would have to do a few more manipulations and use the %eval function.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:19 pm   

Actually You can use #ADD with a record variable you just have to format it like %rec.key. I wrote a a how-to article for using record variables but never got around to adding it into the KB however doing a search for HOW-TO it should come up

syntax:
#ADD charname.varone 1
Trin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:27 am   

Thanks for the info, helped ALOT

I made an alias to report the damage but when I report it ONE variable gets messed up and is screwing with everything else

#ADD DamTotal {@(%i.damage)}
#ADD DamTotal {@{%i.damage}}
#ADD DamTotal {@%i.damage}
#ADD DamTotal @(%i.damage

Ive tried practically everything, but when it calls for the %i.damage (%i being the players name), it only brings @%i to DamTotal and makes the variable like this:

#VAR Damtotal {0Damage=17002|Hit=48}

I want it just to add the damage Number, not add everything
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: