Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Thinjon100
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:02 pm   

Importing web-based text in the editor

OK, I'm not sure if this is possible, or if it would require some development outside zMUD's current capabilities (a plugin or something)... but what I'm generally trying to do is this:

I know how to use #URL to get a web page to open in a browser, I'm trying to figure out a way I can select a URL (that would go to a specific webpage, designed to only output plain text regarding the appropriate data in the querystring) and have that text (that the webpage outputs) go to the Editor window in zMUD

This would allow me a way to keep an online databse of information that multiple people could access (using this script/plugin) and a few functions could search for info on the room they're in, or the area they're in... and have that information display straight to their screen (where other functions, if applicable, could use the given data to do things)

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
sun2gohan
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:50 pm   

I don't know much about PlugIns.. but the easiest way is probably some sort of Script. I use perlscript, but Jscript or VBScript probably have way sto do this as well. Essentially you find out whatever command in the language connects to the internet and connect to it..and just send your GET whatever operation then save it into a variable etc. Then there should be a zmud command to put things into the Editor window. Simply send all the stored variables into the editor window....

F
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: