Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:44 am   

Small refresh issues

I noticed a couple of minor issues where the window doesn't seem to refresh correctly.

1. In zapppro.zml: just after you open another zml file, there is a 'bar' on the top left corner of the screen(overlapping the top of the menu items) that turns blue for me. Highlighting the buttons will refresh parts of it that are overlapped the by the button. Another way to see what I think might be the same problem is to run the hello.zml file, and resize it as far to the top or as far to the left as you can (by clicking and holding the bottom right corner). When it reaches the minimum horizontal or verical size, it won't go any farther, but if you drag 'fast' enough, it'll momentarily resize too far and reset itself back, leaving behind an un-refreshed part of the screen.

2. When resizing windows, some controls or elements of the form flicker a lot. For example, running editor.xml, when resizing I notice the text color and text background color buttons flickering rapidly while none of the other buttons or the text written in the editor flicker at all. A couple other examples are some of the sectons of imapmail.zml and the URL field in demo.zml.

I also found that if you resize windows from the top down, or from the left to the right, when you hit the minimum size, it will start scooting the whole window over:P.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:06 am   

Actually, I wouldn't worry about those kind of issues right now. I need to write a "Known Issues" page and will try to post it tomorrow. But basically, as an early beta version, there is a lot of stuff that isn't optimized. The focus of development has been on functionality. There are lots of issues with refresh, flicker, and performance that will be worked on before the public release.

So, focus more on functionality problems for now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: