Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:08 pm   

zApp Documentation

I'm making progress on the zApp documentation. If you go into the Articles section from the Navigate box on the portal home page and then select the zApp category and then select the zApp Manual, you'll see what I have so far. Here is a quick link: zApp Manual

I wrote some scripts to help me import all of the properties and methods of the zApp objects into the manual. There are some problems with this script and I'm going to need to go through each entry by hand to verify it. But since I need to go through by hand to fill in the actual details, I'll do this all at once.

But for the most part, all of the properties and methods are getting added correctly. I'll update this thread when I've got the documentation cleaned up a bit better and when I've added some details to each topic. Right now it's more of a skeleton structure, but that's a lot of the work of what I needed to do.

Now I can stop worrying so much about all of the cross links and start filling in the real meat of each topic. You'll see a lot added over the next week.

That's the latest. Still planning to do a zApp Beta release before Thanksgiving.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:52 am   

Slowly but surely I'm getting there. I'm almost done implementing and documenting the String Library in zApp. I already had some of the routines implemented, but decided to go ahead and fill this out into a full string library on par with what PHP offers. I also added the Perl regular expression routines like Match and RegReplace. I still have a few more to finish, but should have it done tomorrow.

I'm still not fully recovered from being sick and have a limited number of hours before my brain is just drained. But I'm making sure to accomplish real positive work each day and continue to make progress.

After that the main jobs remaining are to polish the way that plugins work and the implement the encryption program that creates the new ZXL files that can be read by the free runtime version of zApp.
Rehcra
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:39 pm   

On CoreLibrary::ExecuteAction
http://www.zuggsoft.com/mx/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?page=3&mode=doc&k=1224

The code block looks wrong to me. Is the tag wrong?

Code:
<ACTION Name="MyOpen" Action="_FileOpen">
  if core.ExecuteAction then
    Caption = MyOpen.Dialog.Filename
  end if
</SCRIPT>
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:16 pm   

Right you are! That should be </ACTION> at the end. I've fixed the typo. Thanks for catching this! Glad someone is reading it all Wink
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:19 am   

I've now completed a bunch of new libraries for zApp and documented them. This includes the Math Library, Network Library, the XML Library, and the File Library. Still have a bunch of stuff to do, but work is going very smoothly. In fact, as I'm adding these new libraries and components to zApp, the architecture is proving to be very stable and reliable, which is a nice change.

My current plan is for a beta release on Friday. Cross your fingers!!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:52 pm   

Plugins are now working and I started looking into encryption for the free runtime version of zApp. I'm still figuring out exactly how that will work so that it is secure.

According to our forecast, we are expected to get snow on Saturday, so some errands that I was planning for the weekend will have to be done sooner. That will delay the release a couple of days. So, Friday's probably not going to happen, unless in my testing I find that all of the code I have written in the past few days all works perfectly (heh, what are the chances).

Stay tuned.

Last edited by Zugg on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:00 am   

Yay snow :)

You yankees are so lucky getting white christmasses. We just get christmas barbeque's in the back yard and blistering heat so you don't feel like eating much hehe.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: