Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cnf
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:48 pm   

#NODIR in follow mode not working.

Hello,

I probably missed something stupid, but as the topic says, #nodir isn't working for me in follow mode.

#TRIGGER {You are too disoriented to leave the area.} {#NODIR}
And i have a hew more like that.
But when I move, the mapper still moves me in the direction i tried to go on the map.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx
Talmark
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:56 pm   

#NODIR clears the mapper queue in map mode. I don't think it does much in follow mode.

you'll have to set up some kind of trigger to move the mapper back. Of course, you also have to know which way to move the mapper back. Looks like the message you get doesn't help you much there.

#TRIGGER {You are too disoriented to leave the area.} {#MO {some direction}}
cnf
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:00 pm   

ah ...
crud, so this could get complex ...
it can be any of 100's directions, really...
Talmark
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:21 pm   

Here's an idea I just came up with. Make a trigger that saves the reverse of the last direction you've traveled. Then use that other trigger above as well to move the mapper back.

#ONINPUT {^(%w)$} {#VAR opp_dir {%reversedir( %1)}}
#TR {You are too disoriented to leave the area.} {#MO @opp_dir}
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:37 am   

#NODIR works in either map or follow mode.
If you are in Fast mode the mapper doesn't have much of a qeue to act upon as all dirs are sent at once and the dot is moved to the end room.
Change your walk mode from fast to safe (or slow) This will force the mapper to match room name (or desc depending on settings.)
cnf
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:25 pm   

Neither fast, slow or safe mode fix the problem.

I enter a room, and entertain (which paralises me for couple of rounds) and immediatly pers 4, I get the text "You are too disoriented to leave the area." and stay right where I am. The mapper however moves my position 1 west.
cnf
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:45 pm   

I have been playing around with it some more, and I can't get this working... (quite anoying, realy).
Any suggestions where to look? Settings I might have accidentally changed?

Thank you.
cnf
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:18 am   

Gotten myself into trouble a few times with this ^^.
I really can't get it working...
Noone with anymore suggestions ? Or am i gonna have to go with custome triggers?
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:25 pm   

I think #NODIR clears the NEXT dir only. There are a couple of things to try.

Somewhere in these forums, it is mentioned that #NODIR also takes a parameter which will clear the entire command queue.

Make sure that your #NODIR trigger is properly checked, prompt/cr.

If your trigger pattern is correct (no ">" at the beginning of some of the lines, for example), there is no reason why #NODIR shouldn't do what you want.

#NODIR works fine for me in follow mode, but sometimes the queue gets screwed up so the direction that gets deleted isn't the correct one.

Finally, what are you triggering off of to signal a successful move in the mapper? If you trigger off of unique RoomName/Desc(s), then the mapper should never move the current position (blue dot), but instead leave the direction in the queue until the #NODIR command is issued.

Send me your computer via USPS Express Mail, and I'll get your settings straightened out. Otherwise, show what triggers you have dealing with #NODIR, #MOVE, and what you have tried to fix this on your own. Something is just not right even before the #NODIR command, it seems to me.
cnf
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:09 am   

Hello,

I checked my trigger by replacing the #NODIR with a #SAY, and it fires flawlessly.
The rest of my mapper config should be default, as I have not touched it (or rather, it was untouched when i encountered this problem, and i have since reverted to defaults several times).
I did not create this map myself, but is a map from a friends 5.5 version. which i imported. Everything seems fine with it, except the description fields in the room properties are all empty. Could this be a problem?

Maybe i should read up on mapping, and map an area myself, see how that works ?

Thank you
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:44 am   

http://zuggsoft.com/library/speedwalking.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: