Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:27 pm   

New name for Zeus

While Zeus was fine for some internal project, it's not a very good name for a development application system that people will pay for. It also conflicts with many other software applications.

Chiara suggested: zApp

What do people think about that? "zApp your programs together" pronounced "zap". Or "Use zApp to write your program" pronounced "zee-app".

The name for this doesn't need to be as rigorous as eMobius. It doesn't need a domain name. I'll just use zapp.zuggsoft.com or whatever. It doesn't need to be at the beginning of the alphabet. It just needs to be something a bit more unique than "zeus" and something that sounds more like a software development system.

Ideas on other names are welcome.
Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:57 pm   

zad? zeus application development? Heck, I don't know. I really like zApp
The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:18 pm   

zApp sounds very nice to me too. Good job Chiara! 'zApplication Developent', Bug zApper (your web bug util)... so many puns, so little time. It also gives a very visual, active feel to the product. The lightning bolt theme from Zeus carries on.

You can evey carry that into the application IDE when you create it... replease 'Ok' buttons with 'zApply' hehe. Ok, perhaps not, but I do like the name.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:12 pm   

Yep, zApp away zuggzAppa ;)
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:52 pm   

Good job Chiara!

zApp is a good name for Zeus. It's catchy and it conjures images of application development, zApp that problem with a new zml script. Sounds good to me! Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: