Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Vodoc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:50 am   

You are not allowed to view this Blog.

That's what I get when trying to read the blog and yes I'm logged in in case that matters.

A second problem that I have experienced for a long time now, when you user " Navigate - Main Menu" and click on the forum, blog whatever link, then will it open up in a new window. Is this really the way it was intended?
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:33 pm   

I get the same error message when trying to view the blog. Also, I noticed that there wasn't a Quick Reply box for Vodoc's post, even though I was logged in. When I clicked the normal PostReply button, instead of taking me to a message composing screen, it took me back to the main message listing for the 'Website or Forum problems' forum. After that, I clicked again to read this post, and that time the Quick Reply box was there(and the PostReply button worked too).

But still, if I start out from the main www.emobius.com/mx page, when I navigate to a forum posting, I can't quick reply the first time.

.. if that makes sense.

Nezic

EDIT: It looks like it's losing track of whether I'm logged in or not when I go from the main page to a Forum or the Blog. Other links seem to remember I'm logged in.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:05 am   

I changed one of the permission settings, so see if that helps with the blog.

As far as the login not being remembered, my guess is that it has to do with the mix between www.zuggsoft.com and www.emobius.com in the site. The cookies are probably hostname dependant, so if you log in via the www.zuggsoft.com site and then go to www.emobius.com then it might break.

I changed a site link to www.zuggsoft.com when the www.emobius.com domain was down. Once the DNS has propogated I'll move the pointer back the way it used to be.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:23 am   

If you don't get the quick reply, that means it doesn't think you are logged in. Only registered users can reply to posts.

I've got the bug tracking system back up, and I've put the forum and portal links back to www.emobius.com again, so let's see if that helps. Otherwise it will probably have to wait till I get back for serious debugging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: