Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jojo20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:24 pm   

high ascii bits for foreign language output in zmud(EDITED)

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find it in any FAQs or by doing a forum search. Skip down for the actual question, first I explain how I came to it:
I'm using windowsXP in english, and I want to play a MUD in another language (Russian). When I connect, I get to choose an encoding (KOI8 among others). From what I understand these different encodings correspond to different choices of cyrillic characters for the high ascii bits. For a user with windows or some other OS in Russian, these would already be set to something, but for me I get line drawing symbols and windings.

I've been able to find a freeware telnet client (called puttytel) which, before startup, allows a choice of encoding, and by some stroke of luck even allows you to toggle cyrillic input using capslock. But of course I would love to have a real mud-client functionality with triggers, cut and paste, etc. I can't figure out how to do this with zMUD or any other client I've tried.

--> So the Actual Question:
Can I set the decoding to some kind of cyrillic in zMUD? If not, is there some way to temporarily change the high ascii bits on my system? Is there any other solution for this, besides just using a telnet window my puttytel client?

thanks a lot!

EDIT
Ok I feel kind of silly now. I figured out I just need to install a cyrillic font, which I have done. I now get a very strange effect from zmud, however. Obviously I set my input font to the cyrillic font as well. If I type, I just got box characters in the input field. If I hit enter, I send box characters to the server. Yet if I cut the input and then immediately paste it back again, it shows up and and transmits correctly.
any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: