Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:47 am   

Back to the Design

I started working on the database and file MessageStores today. Then realized that I really need to spend more time thinking about this design and writing stuff down. I think my brain has gotten full!

So, in the Articles area you'll see that I have started to post some design documents. This is mainly a place for me to write stuff down and get it out of my brain so that it has room for more other stuff.

Feel free to comment on the design documents. Some stuff is already coded, but I'm always interested in hearing ideas even if I can't change something right now.

I've got the Articles area set up pretty well and it's easy for me to post documents and keep them updated. I edit documents so often that I got rid of the "feature" that posted a comment saying "this article was edited by Zugg". Otherwise the comment section would be overwhelmed with edit notices.

Once I release the first version of eMobius, I'll be able to move some of the design documents over to the documentation section. One thing I like about this system is that articles can be freely moved between categories. So, writing design documents is really getting a head start on eventual reference documentation.

I'll probably be doing more design writing like this for the next several days (although not as much over the weekend). Once I clarify some issues with the database and file store systems I should have an easier and more efficient coding time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: