Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog Goto page Previous  1, 2
Zugg Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:50 am
Playing with new blog software
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:33 pm   

Thanks, I appreciate the help and the link. You need to be logged in to that site to get the file, so I couldn't really take a look at it, but if I had found that last week I might have done more work with Mambo. It's probably still got issues with compatible theme/styles though. But if I can't find a decent blog module for MX Portal, then I might be looking at other solutions. I'm still definitely in the experimental phase right now.

Btw, I tried to take a look at your MUD site, but it seems to be down.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:10 pm   

The person that is hosting it is having problems with their site. I just created the site for the new MUD. We are in very much development stage when it comes to the MUD.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:36 am   

Darmir, I logged onto that site and followed your link. I didn't see anything useful for phpBB integration. All it showed was "phpBB 4 Mambo" and I hope that's not what you are talking about. I have looked at "phpBB 4 Mambo" and it completely replaces the phpBB system. They essentially took the latest version of phpBB and integrated it into Mambo. So it uses the *Mambo* user database table. Also, because it replaces your existing system, you lose any forum MODs that you might have.

Let me know if I misunderstood, but the discussion of this MOD on his web site is pretty clear about what it does and doesn't do, and he pretty specifically states that it copies the existing phpBB database *into* the Mambo database and doesn't work with any custom phpBB mods.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:46 pm   

Zugg,
You are right. My Bad. Embarassed
I thought it would convert everything over. Sad I thought he had a conversion program that would help. Sorry about the miss information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: