Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:15 am   

zMapper/zMud/elicence bug

The past two times my zMapper licence expired I happened to be using zMud with the zMapper plugin.

Both times it caused havoc. zMud froze up. My browser, Mozilla Firefox, froze up. My e-mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, froze up. I was able to close all of these applications, but Windows XP would not shut down.

I ended up having to shut off the power to restart the computer.

When I got the computer running again, and zMud open none of the zMapper enhancements were there. So, I started up zMapper and got the licence renewed.

I tried to install the zMapper plugin in zMud, but couldn't. I had to close zMud and start it again to get it to recognize the plugin.
384 MB of RAM
Service Pack 2, up to date MDAC and JET
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:19 pm   

You are never able to install the zMapper plugin manually. This is always an automatic process where zMUD attempts to detect zMapper and verify it's license automatically. So you will always have to restart zMUD for it to detect zMapper.

Yes, the license expiration is a problem. This is on my list to improve whenever I work on zMapper again (which won't be for quite a while). The problem is that there is no easy way to detect that the zMapper license is still valid and I've requested some API calls from eLicense that will make this easier. Also, the improvements that eLicense is making for Zeus/eMobius will also make handling licensed plugins in zMUD a lot easier.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:31 pm   

Argh!

This time when the zMapper licence expired it crashed my system.

If I could get some kind of message letting me know that I need to start up zMapper and renew the licence soon when I start zMud, it would make my heart sing.

After the crash it took about 20 minutes for me to load my large map and discover that the zMapper had expired, then I had to shut down zMud, start up zMapper to renew the licence and wait another 20 mintues for my map to load in zMud again.

Any idea when you will be working on zMapper again?
384 MB of RAM
Service Pack 2, up to date MDAC and JET
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:47 pm   

eLicense is working on a way for me to detect the zMapper license status from within zMUD, so this will hopefully be solved in the future. It's a zMUD issue not a zMapper issue. But I'm not planning on any new version of zMUD until at least summertime. I have to finish zApp and eMobius first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: