Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
benny1564
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:00 pm   

Using #SAY with mapper

I want to be able to use #say or something like it. When a certain text arrive, I want to add a direction to the mapper command queue, so that the mapper starts to look for room information.

I tried this: "#trigger {You begin to steadily swim (%w).} {#say %1}"
but the mapper does not capture that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:07 am   

I believe you still can't do this in zMud. I tried lobbying for a command to add a direction to the mapper queue without sending it to the mud a number of versions ago, but I seemed to be the only person that thought it was useful then.

Perhaps if you provide a very clear example of why it is needed as part of a Feature Suggestion in the bug reporting system. You may have better results.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 am   

This would be *such* a great feature! Oh, wait! Isn't that what "#MAP %1" does?! Smile I've not tested this yet thoroughly, but it seems to add %1 to the mapper queue... I hope to get it working properly in the next few days, as this (following a leader around my map) is what I'm currently missing from my set-up.

Kind regards,

Seb
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:02 am   

OK, I have successfully tested #MAP, and so far it works, but not very reliably. I expect that's down to two things:
1. west being matched with %t as "wes", which is not a command I have set in my directions - not sure why it is being matched as this, but easily fixable by changing my trigger pattern or adding this command to my directions.
2. No autoexit (exits not displayed) when following someone, except that doesn't seem to be such a major issue. Time will tell.
benny1564
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:30 am   

Well, I send a direction, and in case there is water there, I trigger swim last_dir.
Lastly I recieve "You begin to steadily swim (%w)". Now I want to add a direction to the mapper queue so that the mapper starts looking for room information

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:43 am   

Can you provide the whole text (copy and paste the whole block verbatim), starting from where you send the direction upto the point you receive "You begin to steadily swim (%w)", including anything you do in between, and including any triggers that fire in between?

I expect that the direction is added to your mapper queue when you send the direction, but maybe the mapper has timed out because of the swim before the room name, desc and exits appear (or whatever your mud provides). Or maybe, because of the extra lines in between due to the swim, it doesn't match it's saved configuration.

Seb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: