Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:31 pm   

Email

When I get an email from the forums telling me a topic I'm involved in has gotten a new reply - it could at least tell me who replied and what they said. That way I can think about it without having to visit the forums, and can then visit later when/if I intend to reply.

/gripe
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:50 pm   

Yep..good idea.

Also be cool to have a 'quick reply' in the email (if you select html email)

Livejournal has this, SUPER convenient for me.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:39 pm   

It isn't like the Zuggsoft forum spams you with replies Sad. Visiting the forums might give a clue about new threads to post replies to.

Say you could operate the entire thread using email. Why would you ever visit the forum more than necessarily then? You post your question, and get the answer(if any) and can hold the conversation using email. Without it you could find new threads you find interesting and perhaps learn to know some of the other forum members.

A "half working" email system where you get the reply but cant reply using email can be a good system though, and still somewhat encourage members to notice that there are other threads too.

Edit: A small issue with sending the reply could be if the user edits the post shortly after. Then you would perhaps reply to the "wrong post" if the forum doesn't send the update. Atleast I edit some of my posts many times due to my poor grammar which would cause spam.
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:16 pm   

Personally, I'd go to the site to reply. Don't get those spiffy smilie faces in my email.

I never wanted to cut visiting the forums out entirely, just cut down on the trips that really aren't necessary.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:14 am   

I dunno, i'll show u an example of a livejournal email one day...not atm..tired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: