Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
njmassey

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:20 pm   

#CONDs one more time

I'm just going to ask this stupid question first because I'm starting to doubt my own intelligence...

When you say:

#tr {You eat a} {}
#cond {Your mind relaxes and you feel as if you could sleep.} {look} {within|Param=1}

Do you mean, create a trigger with #tr statement, then put the #cond statement inside of it? so it appears like this really:

#tr {You eat a} {#cond {Your mind relaxes and you feel as if you could sleep.} {look} {within|Param=1}}

I think I'm missing something...

Second thing, when I do that, not only does it not work, it gives me a lovely access violation error (which is probably unrelated). I feel like I should be reading the Getting started section... (its not there I checked...) Hopefully the answer won't be as simple as I'm afraid it is...

Thanks in advance.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:36 pm   

Copy and paste those lines in the command line and press enter, in the order given (#TRIGGER first then #CONDITION)

For a description of what this will do, look here:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/library/trigadv.htm
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:37 pm   

quote:
When you say:

#tr {You eat a} {}
#cond {Your mind relaxes and you feel as if you could sleep.} {look} {within|Param=1}

This means to create a trigger with the Pattern:
You eat a
and no Value in the first state (state 0). Then create a second state (state 1) with the Pattern:
Your mind relaxes and you feel as if you could sleep.
and the Value:
look
of the Type (on the Options tab):
Within
and with Param:

zScript is a command line language. The Settings Editor just provides an alternate method of creating/editing settings. Whenever you see a script which doesn't specifify which fields to put things in, it's probably written for command-line entry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: