Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rudnoc

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:14 am   

I would like the opinion of all you grand MUD'ers

I know this may be a pinch off topic here, but I figure it is the best place to ask this questions since I feel this place bares the veterans of MUDing...

I have played MUD's a while back ago and after playing some MMO's and seeing all these MMO's come out tnow that aren't making the MMO market so attractive, plus with NwN (Neverwitner Nights and Auroro toolset) being out only tells me how all these RPG games are really trying to better than MUD's. In other words All these MMO's and the like are just making me miss playing MUD's.. :)

So, I am here and I am trying to get zMUD to work and in the meantime I am using java based and ummm, well *cough* (looks both ways) gMUD...Well only until I can get zMUD to work. (you can see my reasons why in another post about problem with zMUD).

Anyway, nuff of my blabbering....to the subject....

I am trying to find a good MUD to get into for a while...something I can get serious in and that is a good time fun investment. I mainly like D&D style or to put in more generally...Medieval.

However, I figure since DragonRealms (simutronics) is p2p it would be the most indepth, diverse and all the best stuff out on the MUD worlds. However, I go to http://www.topmudsites.com/ and find out that isn't true. Infact I see one there I have seen a long time ago and was about to play when I was called to beta test for EQ. I am tempted to check it out. But I guess really my real question is... Is DragonRealms actually better, or better service and is why it is a p2p MUD or is it just that someone knows some people are willing to pay, so they charge??? Can anyone give me some good opinions of DR vs. the good top MUDs and what I should do? I am willing to pay 14.95 that play.net wants if it gives me much more of a MUD exp than the free ones. But of course it has to be worth the difference.

So, I would appreciate if any of you great MUD playes out there can give me some decent feedback...

THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH...!!!!!

Rudnoc
Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:06 am   

Dragonrealms is an amazing game. Its also about to undergo a massive code update for the entire game engine which will revolutionize it. I've played it for years, and highly recommend it. It is constantly being developed, and the one thing I love about DR is that the numbers are mostly hidden. You feel like your in another world, instead of just in a numerical simulation of it. I'm developing a plugin to make it easier to script with zMUD in DR, as well as have a map available for download and implementing common features. You can find it at home.comcast.net/~myrddyn/
Its called DRzMUD. Its still in beta testing and development, but will hopefully have a full scale release in early June.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: