Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Tannim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:05 pm   

Z-Explorer doesn't use in game cues? WoW support

Hello,

I'm an old mud player (and Z-Mud purchaser) that currently plays graphical MMOs. The Z-Explorer is very interesting to me, but I have 2 questions before I consider purchasing it.

First: Is Z-Explorer stand alone or do I have to be running the game to use it? I ask because I don't want to violate the game rules by using a macro program. However if Z-Explorer is a seperate navigation program, I'd love to have it.

Second: Are you planning on supporting Blizzard's new game, WoW? I've finished SWG and after playing the beta of Horizons have decided not to subscribe to it.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:30 am   

zExplorer is a separate navigation program. You do not have to be connected to any game to use it. It is not considered any sort of macro program and shouldn't violate any EULA.

The "tracking" feature in AC Explorer *does* require you to be connected to the game, but that feature hasn't been added to zExplorer due to EULA issues with some of the games.

I'm *very* interested in WoW and am following it's development. I don't expect to see it released until late summer at the earliest, but that's just my opinion. It's too early for me to tell if WoW is going to work well with zExplorer or not. zExplorer works well with games that have large zoneless worlds, like AC, AC2, SWG, Horizons. It does not work as well with zone-based maps like EQ, FF, DAoC, etc. I *think* WoW is supposed to have a zoneless world, but I'm not in the beta so I really don't know...just going on what I saw at E3.

It also depends upon how easy it is to obtain the graphical terrain background map for the world. So far it's been pretty easy to get that info from the game publishers, but every game is unique in that regard.

But certainly WoW is next on the list for consideration.
Tannim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:14 pm   

Well, beta emails for WoW are going out right now. If I get in, I'll post again if you want a tester.
Tannim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:20 pm   

A lot of WOW maps are making the web since WOW doesn't have an NDA.

http://worldofwarcraft.4players.de:1038/modules.php?set_albumName=album09&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:45 am   

Cool!

No NDA? That's pretty impressive and gives me more hope that WoW is going to be great. I've seen too many examples of MMORPGs that hide behind their NDA until the last minute and allow the "hype" to drive sales even as beta testers are still complaining.

The maps in that link look like they might be from some sort of ingame map though. Makes me wonder if anything like zExplorer is going to be very useful. Also, it looks like more of a "zone" based map system rather than a large world map like AC/Horizons. But I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

Thanks for posting the link!
The Happy Clapper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:08 pm   

Hi I just thought I would add that Trekman's coords posted for Solclaim are working quite well for me too, also on Solclaim.

I have noticed however the the position, (but not the heading), seems to actually be the point of view position. If you zoom out and rotate around the position changes. This might explain the different structures you are seeing at the given addresses.

The other thing I noticed was the I lost tracking when I went further West than 98W on the Caul once I crossed 98W heading back east again the tracking returned.
The Happy Clapper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:10 pm   

Oops sorry wrong topic and no way to delete for the previous post.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: