Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Truth_Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:28 pm   

AC tracking degradation

Is it just me or has the tracking within AC Explorer degraded a lot since the March patch? I used to get nice smooth lines, now it jumps and shows me constantly doing 90 degree turns so it looks like a set of stairs when I run NE for example.
Kirika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:49 am   

I'm getting exactly the same thing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:02 pm   

Sounds like the calibration address isn't correct. Try rerunning the Auto Calibration. It's certainly possible that Turbine changed something in the accuracy of the tracking data in the client, but if they did there isn't much I can do about it.
Truth_Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:30 pm   

Auto never works for me...I have to do a manual with the figures from here.

If anyone can check and repost it would be appreciated.
dgzoller
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:39 pm   

Zugg,
Any chance you can please check on this. I cannot calibrate the server automatically or manually for this patch and I have tried several times. I suspect that you haven't heard more on this because it's still working for the most part.

Thanks,
Dave
QuickWeasel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:21 am   

Same problem here with tracking.
Calibration doesn't work: Error: Could not calibrate.
Zugg, please can you check what is wrong with ACX Server V1.29?

Thank you
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:20 pm   

Did you try using the "Override" calibration option and entering the addresses from the March patch that are posted in another topic in this forum?

I have not had a chance to install AC on my new computer yet so I haven't been able to check to see what might be happening. But the original post here was talking about calibration acting oddly. Calibration has always been a problem for some people and has been discussed at length in other posts in this forum. So, the issue of this topic isn't whether you can calibrate or not, but is regarding how well the tracking works once calibrated.
QuickWeasel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:16 pm   

QUOTE: Sounds like the calibration address isn't correct. Try rerunning the Auto Calibration.
I am using the March memory locations with the same problems that Truth Seeker and Kirika have. And calibration isn't
working since the March patch :-(
mi-graine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:22 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Zugg

Did you try using the "Override" calibration option and entering the addresses from the March patch that are posted in another topic in this forum?

I have not had a chance to install AC on my new computer yet so I haven't been able to check to see what might be happening. But the original post here was talking about calibration acting oddly. Calibration has always been a problem for some people and has been discussed at length in other posts in this forum. So, the issue of this topic isn't whether you can calibrate or not, but is regarding how well the tracking works once calibrated.

mi-graine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:23 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Zugg

i searched for these elusive override memory locations....any chance you could throw me the link to the post?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:32 am   

How about the one named AC Explorer March calibration settings
Davidge
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:45 pm   

The March settings are no longer working, autocalibration has not worked since February, and as of January 2004 the Z (vertical) vector has never worked . . . .

The tracking degradation using the server and client on seperate computers had been aweful since March, the stairstepping is very noticable and makes it hard to pinpoint my actual location when zoomed in.

Any chance of an update for us loyal registered users? :)

I would upgrade to your newer products, but I am hooked on the remote GPS style tracking . ..
mi-graine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:00 am   

Sorry Zugg.....my bad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: