Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:54 am   

A simple script gone haywire

First off, yes I am zmudd challenged, so your patience is appreciated.

Trying to create what I thought would be a simple script to tell me how many bonds I have on a wax. Below is a sample of the text I am trying to capture and the script I wrote. The waxlist is usually a lot larger than this, hence in the middle of a fight it can be hard to spot the actual number I have on any one wax.

1320h, 1020m bcdei-
"wax752" Image: Jane Bloggs, Freedom fighter(18 bondings).
"wax10090" Image: Boytoy John Doe(42 bondings).
1320h, 1020m bcdei-

#CLASS {Waxes}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {Waxes} {enable}
#VAR twax {}
#VAR bondstwax{}
#ALIAS wl {clearwax;#t+ "Waxes|wax_details";#gagon;waxlist}
#ALIAS clearwax {#VAR twax "";#VAR bondstwax 0}
#CLASS 0

#CLASS {Waxes|wax_details} {disable}
#TRIGGER {"wax(%d)" Image: (%a)((%d) bondings).} {#if twax=%1{#ADDITEM bondstwax %3} "" {prompt}
#TRIGGER {^%dh, %dm} {#gagoff;#e "";#e "";#e Bonds:;#e %numitems( @bondstwax);#t- "Waxes|wax_details";""}}
#CLASS 0

My problem is it just doesn't seem to want to pick up on the waxlist. Any help, ideas, etc would be apprecitated.

Cheers
Aly
Serentus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:48 am   

There are a few typos and such in your wax(%d) trigger and (%d)h, (%d)m trigger. Also you need to put a ~ infront the ( ) that are in the patern so zMUD knows to match those literally, since zMUD uses those for special purposes in trigger paterns. There should be a space between twax=%1 and the { in the #if. You were also missing a } at the end. I doubt that is a prompt trigger so the {prompt} is not needed in the first trigger, but the second trigger looks like a prompt so it is needed for it.

#TRIGGER {"wax(%d)" Image: (*)~((%d) bondings~).} {#if twax=%1 {#ADDITEM bondstwax %3}} note there is no {prompt} here

#TRIGGER {^%dh, %dm} {#gagoff;#e "";#e "";#e Bonds:;#e %numitems( @bondstwax);#t- "Waxes|wax_details";""} {nocr|prompt}

EDIT:Fixed a typo of my own in the trigger
Aly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:57 pm   

Thanks Serentus, problem solved. I knew it would be something basic but I had been staring and abusing it for so long I just couldn't see it.

Aly
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: