Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Spore Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:51 am   

zMUD doesnt start, sticky didnt help.

I try to start zMUD, but runservice.exe has been giving me problems for months. Whenever runservice.exe is in the background if I right click on an exe or a shortcut to one the computer accesses the hard drive and freezes, then continues, accesses the hard drive and freezes, then continues again, and does that 6 times before the properties menu shows up. Now I understand that runservice.exe comes from elicense and zMUD uses it. When I run zMUD it does the same exact thing like when I right click on executables except it does it like 5 times longer. Once it is done doing god only knows it gives me the messege error code 23 couldnt get a license at this time try later. But I dont think it even tried accessing the internet otherwise my firewall wouldve let me know. I do not think this is a firewall problem ive been using this firewall for awhile now and all sorts of internet programs work on it, if I use an internet program it asks if I want to give that program permission and I tell it I do and everything is well. The firewall is ZoneAlarm Pro.

I have already E-Mailed eLicense but that was 3 days ago. If you can help please do, right now im having to MUD using a another computer and thats a pain. Thank you for reading.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:50 am   

If it has been 3 days, email elicense again. And I've run into a lot of people who have trouble with ZoneAlarm, so I suggest trying to disable that to see if it helps. But if it's doing this on normal programs with the Runservice enabled and giving you code 23, that basically means that eLicense is totally screwed up on your system and it's not going to get fixed probably until you can get the diagnostic program from elicense that fixes it.
Spore Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:15 pm   

Ive tried disabling ZoneAlarm to no avail, they still have yet to answer my E-Mail but yesterday I filled out a web support form on their site so maybe I will get a reply soon.

In the mean time, anyone still have that diagnostic program they could send me? Please send it to seward01@pacbell.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: