Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Dobi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:44 pm   

My Data files won't update

thats it... I bought the 333 it's been great but since the last patch it won't update. Is 333a a different one?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:16 pm   

The ACSpedia database moved. Go to www.acspedia.com and follow the instructions given there to update your AC Explorer files.
Eric the Grey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:41 am   

Ok, I've followed these instructions, and still cannot get 3.33 to update for me. It's not updated for months now, and all I get is a notice that the is "No new data to download."

This happens even if I tell it to download full. I've even tried to add the Warcry database with no success.

I've even tried to updat the software using the update function, and it tells me "Cannot get version info from wwwl.zuggsoft.com. Check you network connection and WWW proxy Preferences."

I connect through Cable, and have NO proxy settings set up.

Is 4.0 any better? Do I get to upgrade for free? :)

Eric the Grey
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:05 pm   

Sounds like something in your INI file is messed up. Unless you made a typo, it shouldn't be contacting "wwwl.zuggsoft.com". It should be contacting "www.zuggsoft.com". So if this wasn't a typo in your post, check your INI file to be sure the correct URL for zuggsoft.com is in there.

zExplorer is a free upgrade, but it also has some problems updating currently.

With AC Explorer and the new AC Spedia database, I don't have much else to suggest. Can someone else who is actually using the new AC Spedia site give Eric more help in why the update isn't working? The update is completely dependant upon the remote database server (AC Spedia) so there isn't much that can be done to "fix" this in AC Explorer.
Eric the Grey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:25 am   

Yea, that was a typo on my part. Not certain how I did that. :P

Anyway, still no luck. I've even disabled my firewall (McAfee) and still no good.

Is there any way of loading manualy? Also failed to note, that if I try to "download full" it tells me there's no files to download.

Eric the Grey
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:44 am   

No, there isn't any way to do it manually...it's a database update operation that requires parsing of the result returned by the database server. It still sounds like some sort of network connection problem though, especially given some of your other posts about not being able to update the software from zuggsoft.com.
Insane Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:58 pm   

www.acspedia.com no longer exists as a website I can go to. Will this muck up ac explorer when we want to update? or do you know if their site is only temp down?

ok, it back up, they have a sorry we don't know why we went down page up now.. :)
Xeveniah Darkwind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:46 am   

heres the info for ac explorer pro http://www.acspedia.com/instructions.htm#ace333

heres the info for zExplorer: http://www.acspedia.com/instructions.htm#zx

hope that helps ya

Xeveniah Darkwind
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: