Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:46 pm   

Using VBScript ...

As I was having hassle with the ZMud script syntax, I thought I would give VBScript a go.
First thing was that it decided I had to re-register my JIT - which is odd cos I use vbscript in WSH a fair amount - but after re-registering it has settled down a bit.

One thing I am stuck on (probably through inadequate reading of the manual...) is how to access matched patterns from within vbscript if I am using it to service a trigger...

However I also had a couple of issues with just getting it to run as expected. I thought I would start off with a copy of Zugg's list-the-aliases example.

'dim cc as Object
'dim ss as Object
'dim o as Object

Set cc = CreateObject( "Zmud.Application")
Set ss = cc.CurrentSession
N = ss.NumAliases
msgbox(n)
for I = 0 to N-1
Set o = ss.AliasNum(I)
ss.sendstr(o.name)
next

Set cc = Nothing

Note I have commented out the Dim statements, because they cause the script engine to fall over.

ss.sendstr(o.name) doesn't do anything... is this because the zmud application is already running when I do a createobject? I don't think it is, but if so, how do I access the existing object?

The main reason I don't think that that is the problem is that if I replace ss.sendstr with msgbox I get a faithful representation (albeit in a popupy kinda way) of the aliases I have...

Anyone got a link to something useful in the way of a help file?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:49 pm   

You don't need the CreateObject. When running VBScript scripts in zMUD, there are already predefined objects: zMUD and Sess for the current zMUD application and the current session. Do, for a script within zMUD, you'd just do:

N = Sess.NumAliases
msgbox(n)
for I = 0 to N-1
Set o = Sess.AliasNum(I)
Sess.sendstr(o.name)
next
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:10 pm   

Yay thanks - that's what I pay for quality service from the man himself. Oh and for a damn good client.

I am hoping to get round to some serious scripting soon... I will post results of interesting bits to completed scripts as I go

cheers Zug
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: